Foundation Certificate in Information Technology - Pre-Bachelor’s Program
Admission is now open for this program. Please find the attached application form.
The foundation Certificate in Information Technology (FCIT) programme designed by SLIIT Computing in collaboration with the Edexcel UK, Curtin University of Technology Australia and Shefield Hallam University, UK offers a unique pre-university pathway course for students who are unable to satisfy the undergraduate academic entry requirements to university. Successful completion of this programme entitles students to gain entry to the Diploma in Information Technology programme at SLIIT Computing to proceed with the Franchised Foreign Partner University conducted at SLIIT Computing.
Duration and Course Structure
This is a full time one year programme offered during weekdays. Students who successfully complete the programme are eligible to receive the Foundation Certificate in IT with pathways to complete a degree in IT.
Foundation Certificate in Information Technology (1 year) Term 1
- English Communication I
- Academic Writing I
- Mathematics I
- Computer Systems
- English Communication II
- Academic Writing II
- Mathematics II
- Programming Concepts and Practice
- Business Information Systems
- Applications Software Development
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Data Communications and Networks
- Passes in at least six (06) subjects including credits for Mathematics and English at the G.C.E Ordinary Level (Sri Lanka) examination obtained at one and the same sitting Or
- Passes in at least six (06) subjects including credits for one Mathematics related subject and English at the G.C.E. Ordinary Level (London) Examination obtained at one and the same sitting. AND
- A pass at the Aptitude test and the Compulsory Placement Test for English and Mathematics conducted by SLIIT Computing.
This test consists of analytical, logical and mathematical aptitude. Date and the venue of the Aptitude Test will be announced through the national newspapers. Aptitude Test will be held in Sinhala, English & Tamil Language. Note: All applicants should be present at the premises 15 minutes prior to the test.
SLIIT Foundation Certificate in Information Technology (3 Terms – 1 Year) A fee of Rs. 75 000.00 per term, payable before the commencement of each term(including textbooks, exams, and use of computer labs per semester) Please note the course fee of the Diploma level and final year top up is subjected to change according to the academic year.
How to Apply
- Application form attached herewith please. Interested candidates should send in the application form for Foundation Certificate in Information Technology directly to SLIIT Computing.
- Applicants are required to pay a fee of Rs. 750/- for the Aptitude Test and for processing.
- This fee should be paid in favour of “SLIIT Computing (Pvt) Ltd” current account no: 1630619 at Bank of Ceylon Kollupitiya branch OR account no: 013410001688 at Sampath Bank in Kollupitiya Branch.
- The duly filled application and the bank paying-in-slip for SLIIT Computing should be sent to:
- Student Affairs and Enrolment Division, SLIIT Computing (Pvt) Ltd, No 371, R.A. De Mel Mawatha (Duplication Road), Colombo 03.