Hundreds of North Iowa Area Community College graduates transfer to four-year colleges and universities every year. Whether you want to become a teacher, lawyer, engineer, physician, artist or (you name it!), we can get you started. And if you’re unsure about a major, NIACC is a great place to get your feet wet.
NIACC offers the first two years toward a bachelor’s degree in virtually any field. The Associate Degree earned provides you with the general education requirements and core courses needed to continue your education as a junior at a four-year school.
Sample Schedule (2 year plan)
- ENG-105 Composition I ^ 3 s.h.
- CHM-151 College Chemistry 4 s.h.
- MAT-121 College Algebra * 4 s.h.
- SDV-199 College Essentials 1 s.h.
- AGA-154 Fundamentals of Soil Science 3 s.h.
Total 15 s.h.
- ENG-106 Composition ^ 3 s.h.
- CHM-152 College Chemistry II 4 s.h.
- SOC-110 Intro. to Sociology 3 s.h.
- MUS-100, PHI-101
- OR DRA-119 3 s.h.
- Social Science Classes 3 s.h.
Total 16 s.h.
- BIO-202 Biology I ** 4 s.h.
- ENV-110 Environmental Science 3 s.h.
- PHI-105 Intro to Ethics 3 s.h.
- MAT-156 Intro to Statistics 3 s.h.
- SOC-115 Social Problems ^^ 3 s.h.
Total 16 s.h.
- SPC-112 Public Speaking 3 s.h.
- BIO-203 Biology II ** 4 s.h.
- MAT-140 Finite Math 3 s.h.
- SDV-210 Coop Ed. Internship ** 2 s.h.
- Humanities class (see ISU international perspective options) 3 s.h.
Total 15 s.h.
See NIACC catalog for list of Humanities and Social Science courses.
*- Appropriate math level needed before enrolling in any math class.
**- To be accepted at ISU, BIO 202 & BIO 203 must BOTH be taken at NIACC.
***- Practical work experience required in this field for a four year degree.
^– ISU requires a minimum of C grade for these classes.
^^– SOC-115 fulfills ISU U.S. Diversity requirement
ISU will accept a total of 65 community college credits. International Perspective options: ART 203, 204, FLS 142, HIS 112, 113, MUS 100, POL 121
Note: Please check with transfer institution for their specific requirements and check with a NIACC counselor/advisor for further transfer planning.
- AA Degree meets the General Education Requirements for the College of Liberal Arts at most transfer institutions. An AS Degree may be sufficient for this major–confirm appropriateness with your transfer institution.
- Check with transfer institution for Foreign Language & Diversity Requirements.
- Admission requirements vary from institution to institution. Contact the transfer institution for assistance.
- Suggested schedule dependent on entry level of student.
About the School
North Iowa Area Community College (NIACC) is a nationally-ranked, two-year institution located in North Central Iowa that serves students of all ages and abilities. Starting in 1918 as Mason City Juni ... Read More