An intensive course that aims to provide participants, which already possess the basic photographic techniques, the tools in order to learn the methods, the tricks and the difficulties of professional food photography. The student will learn to plan and organize their own creative process, starting from the idea of the project, then move through the process of the research for the proposed topics, planning for the following operational phases such as shooting, post-production, and finally the elaboration of the final product. The photographers will also have the ability to interact with various figures working in the world of food and professional photography.
The practical part will allow to experience the photographic medium with techniques and tools suitable for the type of shooting and the desired image. Students will learn how to build up a set, find the best solutions to create and obtain images in a short time and in a variety of situations.
15 - 19 July 2019
€ 800 VAT included
You can save 120 euros on the course fee if you make the full payment by March 31th 2019. This means that the course price reserved for early enrollments would be 680 euros instead of 800 euros, tax included.
via E.Caviglia 3, Milan, Italy
1 week, 5 days (Monday-Friday)
Hours of Instruction:
30 hours in total - each day of instruction consists of morning and afternoon sessions
Language of Instruction:
Certificate of attendance
• Introduction, the food in the history of art and photography
• Know the food: types, times and ways of cooking, final yield of materials
• Revision of the basic techniques of shooting
• Project management: from the theme, through the idea, to the realisation:
- lay-out and planning
- postproduction and editing
- delivering the photo
• Elements of still life: tips for food photography
• Creation of an own publishing project or adv
• Shooting editorial following a layout
• Shooting adv following a layout
• Editing and post production of your project
• Photographic skills and ability to use camera manually (e.g. knowledge of aperture, time, composition, etc)
• Knowledge of the principles and function of photographic composition and file management (raw and jpg)
• Basic skills for Adobe Photoshop
• Digital SLR Camera with Memory Card and Battery compatible with your digital camera
• Battery charger (and adapter to European power source if coming from outside of Italy)
• Optional: USB Key or external hard drive to facilitate file transfer
Additional useful equipment:
• Recommended lens: tele with open aperture
• Laptop or personal computer with Photo management and editing programs
• Tripod (professional)
• Cable or electronic remote shutter release
Number of Participants:
The minimum number of participants for the course to initiate is 6 people. We will confirm by 14 June 2019 the initiation status of the course with those who have enrolled so that travel arrangements can be made.
In the event the the course does not initiate, enrollment fees will be 100% refunded.
Modes and Options for Payment:
• Modes of payment: check or bank transfer (the instructions for the payment will be sent via email after
compilation of the on line enrollment form)
Options for payment:
Option 1: single payment of € 800 on or before 27 May 2019
Option 2: two payments, paying the full amount by 27 May 2019
- pay the initial enrollment fee of € 200 upon enrolment (The enrollment fee guarantees you a place on the course and is non-refundable).
- pay the balance of € 600 by 27 May 2019
Students may cancel their enrollment to the course at any time. Enrollment fees paid are non refundable.
Upon cancellation, the amount refunded to the student will depend on when the student cancels. Refunds
given upon cancellation are as follows:
• Cancel by 15 May 2019, student receives 100% refund (not including enrollment fee)
• Cancel by 05 June 2019, student receives 50% refund (not including enrollment fee)
• Cancel on 06 June 2019 or after, no refund is given to student
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 9, 2018