Flight Instructor Training Course (FI(A)) at Baltic Aviation Academy is designed for piloting licence holders who wish to become pilot training instructors.
As a Flight Instructor you will:
gain new and useful qualification; maintain your theoretical and flying skills; share your knowledge and spread aviation fever; collect your flying hours; gain a valuable advantage as a professional.
Flight Instructor FI(A) qualification grants an opportunity to teach student pilots PPL(A) and/or CPL(A) courses. During the Flight Instructor course at Baltic Aviation Academy, participants will go through and learn the theoretical knowledge and practical skills needed to become a successful Flight Instructor.
- Age – no less than 18 years old.
- License – valid JAA/EASA CPL(A), ATPL(A), or PPL(A) with the adequate Medical Certificate.
- Theoretical knowledge – higher or equal to CPL(A) theoretical knowledge
- Total flight time – no less than 200 hour consisting of:
- 150 or more hours as a pilot-in-command;
- No less than 30 hours (minimum 5 hours within the last 6 months) in SEP Class airplane;
- Pilot-in-Command on route with SEP Class airplane – no less than 20 hours (at least one leg distance, not less than 540 km (300 nm))
- Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) experience – no less than 10 hours.
Flight Instructor course will be led by the experienced instructors who will teach the basics of both, teaching and learning (25 hours), as well as deepen the theoretical knowledge for the effective flight instructor work (100 hours). Successfully completed theoretical part will be followed by 30 hours of practical training in the single-engine Tecnam P2002JF airplane.
Course duration – 2 months.