Pre-Sessional English Courses
If you do not meet the entry requirements for your chosen course, you might be interested in one of our pre-sessional English courses.
ICP Pre-Sessional English
ICP offers Pre-Sessional English courses to students who need to improve their academic English language skills before commencing their chosen foundation course. Students studying English language are part of the ICP student body and have access to the same university facilities as those in academic courses. The courses are offered directly prior to each academic intake. Successful completion of the Pre-sessional course guarantees you a place on the following academic stage at ICP.
Why study Pre-Sessional English language course at ICP?
- Single visa for the full duration of your studies – from your entry at ICP through to completion of your main course at the University of Portsmouth.
- Increase your understanding of English.
- Improve your pronunciation, grammatical skills and reading comprehension.
- Develop a broad, academically useful vocabulary.
- Improve your ability to participate in seminars and take useful lecture notes.
- Build on your writing skills for essays, reports and assignments.
- Become confident in public speaking and delivering presentations.
- Develop research skills so you can read academic texts, journals and papers efficiently and effectively.
- Develop the independent study skills required for success in a university environment.
ICP Pre-sessional English language entry requirements
LSI Pre-sessional English
For those students who require additional English language preparation ICP also works in partnership with Language Specialists International (LSI) to deliver English language tuition from IELTS 4.0 upwards. LSI offers short and extended English courses of between 8 and 25 weeks and you will receive direct progression on to your ICP pathway upon successful completion of the course, without having to sit another IELTS exam.
Why study pre-sessional English at LSI?
- Flexible course durations.
- Small group classes (maximum 12 students).
- Lessons take place at LSI and no components are online modules.
See 24 more programs offered by ICP International College Portsmouth »
Last updated May 12, 2019
This course is
Nov 29, 2019
Dec 13, 2019