First Diploma (Certificate 3) in Engineering
The First Diploma award in Engineering is a foundation diploma which provides learners to build and apply knowledge in wide variety of engineering contexts. This is a vocational qualification, ideal for learners aged 16 years and above who do not currently meet the entry criteria for our Extended Diploma.
Why enrol in this programme?
Learners will be introduced to the basic principles of engineering and will be learning in a practical environment as well as a classroom, using case studies and project work based on real-world apprenticeship scenarios.
The First Diploma (Certificate 3) in Engineering is subject to recognition by the National Qualifications Authority (NQA) in the UAE.
Students graduating from this program proceed to higher education to obtain an Extended Diploma followed by HND and/or Bachelor’s Degree.
You will study eight modules over one semester, in preparation for continued study on the Extended Diploma programmes.
- Unit 1: Working Safely and Effectively in Engineering
- Unit 2: Interpreting and Using Engineering Information
- Unit 3: Mathematics for Engineering Technicians 49
- Unit 4: Electronic Circuit Construction
- Unit 5: Operating & Maintenance of Fluid Power Systems & Components
- Unit 6: Operating & Maintenance of Mechanical Systems & Components
- Unit 7: Operating & Maintenance of Electrical Systems & Components
- Unit 8: Selecting Engineering Materials
Mode of delivery
This programme is offered on full-time semester basis.
Entry requirements Grade 10 or equivalent, pass grade. And minimum age of 15 years.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 6, 2018