Business ventures are always at risk. Such risk can include decision making risks, estimation and planning risks, process, and procedures etc. Obviously, one risk is fraud or other types of misuse of business resources.
This workshop combines international standards for various types of risk management and is developed by experienced experts. The course is intended to enable managers have a sound knowledge and finance/audit professionals to get the skills relevant for risk management.
- Identify the various kinds of business assets,
- Describe the structure and elements of an internal control system,
- Identify business possible risks and initiate plans to manage them properly
- Develop asset control activities,
- Explain how to implement asset control activities effectively.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for managers and staff of SMEs including Business owners, directors, shareholders, board of directors, supervisors, and others who manage or control business assets.
- Various kinds of business assets
- What is internal control
- The elements of an internal control system
- What risk management is and why it is important
- Finance policies and manuals
- Risk-based Internal Auditing
- International Practice Frameworks (IPPF, GAAP and IFRS)
- Risk identification and control
- Continuous control and investigation
- Data collection and analysis
- Reporting and decision making
- Business processes that can produce risk
- Delegation of authority and process of project management
- Business decision making and legal aspects
- Fraud risk and prevention
- Conducting an internal audit and risk management
- Influence and communication
- Change management
- Negotiation and conflict management
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Ethics and objective approach