Financial Management in the Public Sector – Level 1
- Course Code: PS105A
- Duration: 1 week
- Fee: £2625
- Simple moving average (SMA)
- Exponential smoothing (EXS)
- Transformation moving average (TMA)
- Regression against time
- A quasi-casual forecasting model
- Determining forecast accuracy
Resource Development Analysis
- Defining the issue: revenue shortage
- Estimating revenue shortage
- Developing revenue options
- Assessing revenue options
- Making decisions
- Cost classification
- Total cost estimation
- Average cost estimation
- Calculating present value
- Calculating annualised cost
Incremental Cost Analysis
- Introduction to cost-benefit analysis
- Issues in cost-benefit analysis
Financial Performance Monitoring
- Determining monitoring indicators
- Detecting unacceptable performance
- Understanding the causes and taking action
- Financial and budget personnel in governments.
- Anyone who is interested in governmental finance.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Use forecasting tools.
- Determine forecast accuracy.
- Apply the most accurate tool for forecasting.
- Define a resource development issue.
- Estimate revenue shortage.
- Develop revenue options.
- Assess revenue options.
- Determine optimal revenue options.
- Calculate total cost, average cost, direct cost, indirect cost, personnel cost, operating cost, and capital cost.
- Perform cost allocation.
- Use cost depreciation methods.
- Apply average cost to determine efficiency.
- Understand the concepts of present value, future value, time value of money, discount rate.
- Apply present value of cost in cost comparison.
- Apply annualized cost in cost comparison.
- Understand fixed cost, variable cost, marginal cost, and incremental cost.
- Apply marginal cost in decision making.
- Apply incremental cost in decision making.
- Calculate the net present value and the benefit/cost ratio.
- Understand conditions to which a cost-benefit analysis applies.
- Apply the cost-benefit analysis in decision making.
- Determine proper indicators for monitoring.
- Detect unacceptable performance.
- Detect performance trends.
- Develop a complete picture of financial performance.
- Identify causes of underperformance.
- Take proper actions to improve performance.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- 30 hours of classroom-based training
- Apple iPad
See 131 more programs offered by London Business Training & Consulting »
Last updated September 10, 2019
This course is
Feb 3, 2020
June 1, 2020
Oct 12, 2020