ESE SPECIALISED PROGRAMME - FINANCE
The ESE Specialised Programme in Finance is aimed at aspiring fund managers and professional investment analysts and examines the principles of financing and investment decisions and their impact across a broad range of contemporary management issues. Students not only examine the external causes and effects of wealth, but more importantly are urged to look at the invisible inner causes. This programme provides a synthesis of financial policy into a strategy, which integrates organisational purpose and goals. The focus of the course is on current thinking regarding valuation of the firm, investment decision processes, financing, and dividend policy, asset management, financial strategies and portfolio theory. This course also covers financial analysis, planning, and the concept of risk. It includes the formation and use of current assets, working capital, and credit policy. Financial management includes the understanding of long term financing instruments and the capital structure.
Intake Dates: January, April, September
Students will take four of the following modules:
- Multinational Corporate Finance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Value Assessment
- Risk Management
- International Project Management
- Course Duration: One Academic Term
- Mode of Delivery: Each module consists of 100 hours of learning; 30 hours are spent in lectures/seminars and the remaining time is devoted to directed learning activities, final assessment preparation and self-study.
- Language of Instruction: English
- Level of Instruction: Postgraduate
- Application form, completed correctly (click here to apply online )
- A first degree in a relevant subject or an equivalent level professional qualification*
- Resume / CV + personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- IELTS/ TOEFL** score
- Three photographs (passport size)
- Photocopy of passport/ID
- Application fee (£50) - to be paid online here or addressed to the European School of Economics***
- NB: All non-English documents must be officially translated.
** Candidates who have completed their first degree or studied in the English language for at least 2 years are not required to submit this test. The committee discourages any candidate with a TOEFL score lower than 577 (paper-based), 90 (internet-based) or IELTS score lower than 6.5 (minimum of 6.0 in each skill) from applying, as the language of instruction is English. The European School of Economics ETS (for the TOEFL) code numbers are: ESE London: 5977; ESE Rome: 1610; ESE Milan: 5974; ESE Florence: 5976; ESE Madrid: 8833
*** ESE application fees are non-refundable and must be paid (online or money order) to the European School of Economics prior to the processing of your application. Fee payment must accompany a completed application.
Applications arriving without appropriate fees will not be considered.
Maximum Number of Attendees: 30 (in order to provide a unique learning experience with a ratio between Professor to students, no more than 30 students will be admitted into this programme)
Internship Programme: Upon successful completion of the programme participants may opt to take a 3-month internship fitted to their profile and career objectives. An assessment with the ESE Placement Officer will determine their eligibility for a placement. ****
Professional Advantages: Participants who complete this course will hone their skills in their current employment or expand their professional opportunities in the fields of fund management and investment analysis.
Credits & Recognition: Upon completion of the programme, participants will be awarded an ESE Certification of successful completion of the programme.
Application Process: in order to apply for the course, candidates are required to fill out an online application form and submit a non-refundable application with a fee of £50.00.
**** Visa Regulations Permitting
* Subject to change according to each Campus
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 13, 2017