The exclusive summer program of ISSOS, offers high school students (aged 13-18) the unique opportunity to combine learning, creative enrichment and action-packed adventure in the world renowned and stunning university towns of St Andrews in Scotland or New Haven, Connecticut in the United States. Students who gain a place at ISSOS will be able to create a personalised three-week program to suit both their academic needs and wider interests, by choosing one academic and one elective program.
Mornings at ISSOS are dedicated to academic study and our high-quality academic programs. Classes meet daily for three hours and, unlike other summer schools, we limit numbers in order to guarantee that all our students will benefit from small class sizes and individual attention. Academic Program Options:
- English Language
- Business and Entrepreneurship (Yale only)
- Creative Writing
- Youth Leadership (St Andrews only)
Afternoons allow students to broaden their experience and knowledge with the Film Elective.
Film summer course
Students of all abilities have the unique opportunity to discover the fascinating world of film-making and to let their imaginations run free. Expert tutors who are professionals in the film industry, lead this practical course through interactive seminars, technical training and hands-on experience behind the camera.
The course covers script writing, directing, production management, cinematography, editing, location scouting and set design. Students also learn how to use top of the range Cannon HD digital cameras and edit using industry spec editing software. Working in small production crews, students write, direct, produce, edit and create their own unique films.
What will it cover?
- Benefit from professional guidance and instruction
- Develop teamwork and leadership skills by collaborating on unique projects
- Discover the excitement and satisfaction of putting original ideas into action
- Immerse yourself in the process of film-making
Film students create their own short films, which are screened in front of the summer school on the final creative evening.
What Makes ISSOS Different?
- High-quality programs, some of which are exclusive to ISSOS
- Welcome students from over 70 nationalities
- 40% of students return year after year
- We only accept 10% of each nationality, ensuring a truly international experience
- Summer staff are experts in their field, from CELTA qualified English teachers to PGA Golf Pros
- We are a Values-Led business with 9 values at our core that run through everything we do
The total cost for ISSOS 2019:
St Andrews, Scotland: £500 Enrolment Fee, plus £3900 Tuition
Yale, New Haven, Connecticut, United States: $500 Enrolment Fee, plus $6100 Tuition.
We offer an all-inclusive fee for the three-week ISSOS 2019 experience covering:
- accommodation (full board)
- course materials and equipment
- trips and excursions
- evening activities, cultural trips & Sunday workshops
- cultural events
- the ISSOS Highland Games
- transport between selected airport and ISSOS campus
Program taught in: