Film Producing 101 is a two-day workshop in the complex craft of producing for film. The course, taught by industry professional tutors, will train students in the ways that they can develop their producing skills in the future, either working on short or feature productions. This weekend course will draw upon the many considerations producers face when embarking on a new project. It also introduces the key skills, qualities and know-how a producer needs to succeed in the filmmaking industry.
Why take the course
- Become familiar with industry structure, terminology and jargon
- Understand the life cycle of a film from concept to delivery
- Understand how to seek funding
- Understand the role of scheduling and budgets
- Be familiar with the key role a producer
Why Met Film School?
- Famous facilities in Ealing Studios. Our students in London receive access to our modern premises and facilities within the famous Ealing Studios. High-profile productions made on-site include Downton Abbey, Nowhere Boy, My Week with Marilyn, Prince of Persia, The Iron Lady, Star Wars: Episode Two, and Victor Frankenstein
- Award-winning tutors and guest speakers. All our tutors and guest speakers are working screen professionals with numerous industry awards and nominations, including BAFTAs, Emmys and Oscars
- Part of the industry. Through working closely with our sister companies Met Film Production and Met Post, we better integrate our students into the world of creative media. Met Film businesses provide our students with work placements, graduate employment and master classes with industry professionals
- Recognised quality. Our outstanding academic credentials are recognised by leading higher education bodies such as CILECT, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and Creative SkillSet. Our degree course was described as 'At the forefront of film pedagogy' by the QAA
- Leading the industry. As the fastest growing film school in the UK we are proud of our innovative approach with a strong focus on new media and platforms, which is delivered throughout all our courses
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Entry Requirements: Our Film Producing 101 course is open enrolment and there are no entry requirements.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 13, 2017