Fashion Design Diploma
Does the idea of becoming the next top fashion designer in Turkey inspire you? If so, the Fashion Design Program of LaSalle College İstanbul is for you! From producing a fashion concept to transforming it into outstanding garments and promoting your very own fashion collection, this program will take you through every stage of design.
Our teachers, who are professionals in the field, train you to face the demands of this highly competitive and riveting industry. Graduates are able to demonstrate their skills by putting together fashion shows and participating in both local and international fashion design competitions.
This Fashion Design Program consists of 6 semesters, 15 weeks per semester for a total of 90 weeks.
By the end of this 2-year program, you will have completed 2115 hours that entitles you to a Diploma in Fashion Design. This program begins in October and February.
- Learn how to identify, select and manipulate various fabrics.
- Apply principles of garment design.
- Evaluate the feasibility of a design concept.
- Build a portfolio.
- Digitally illustrate garment designs.
- Plan the production of a fashion collection.
- Recognize industry demands and job market realities.
- Graphic Process Application and Visual Presentation
- Composition of Simple Garments
- Assembling Principles of Simple Garments
- Work Task Management
- Study and Utilization of Raw Materials
- Composition of Various Garments
- Assembling Principles for Various Garments
- Fashion Concepts
- Style Research by Draping
- Fashion Phenomena
- Research of Materials for Garment
- Composition of Elaborated Garments
- Garment Feasibility
- Fashion Product Development
- Distinct Fashion Concepts
- Styles Evaluation through Draping
- Fashion & Society
- Detailed Planning and Prototypes
- Technical Files Elaboration
- Garment Production
- Defining Characteristics of a Collection
- Trend Analysis and Presentation
- Collection Elaboration and Prototypes
- Evaluation of Garments
- Producing Collection Plan
- Planning and Production
- Buying and Selling of Fashion Products
- Collection of Targeted Market
- Presentation and Evaluation of Collections
- Portfolio Elaboration
- Fashion Promotion
- Fashion Designer
- Textile Designer
- Fashion Stylist
- Fashion Illustrator
- Fashion Consultant
- Costume Designer
- Fashion Journalist
- Accessory Designer
- Fashion Coordinator (television, cinema, stage performance, magazines, etc.)
- Fashion Trendsetter
- Fashion Course Lecturer
LaSalle College İstanbul's Fashion Design program curriculum is based on fashion design programs developed by LaSalle College in Montreal according to Canadian educational standards. Graduates of this program are awarded a Diploma in Fashion Design that is issued from Canada and recognized internationally and by the Turkish Ministry of National Education.
- You must be 18 years of age or a high school graduate.
- You must have working knowledge of the English language.
- You must pass an interview with an admissions officer.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 28, 2017