Fashion buyers are fashion experts, managing the purchase of products going to be distributed to the stores network. Their job is to select an assortment of garments that must be coherent with the distributors’ identity and clients.
It is a complex profession that requires good interpersonal skills, an in depth knowledge of trends and a keen aesthetic sense.
The Fashion Buying Summer Campus’ focus is to develop key buying skills, encourage students to take an in-depth look at the secrets of this fascinating career and acquire basic knowledge of textiles, materials, production process and production times.
- Luxury market: clients, products, services, window displays, communication, icons
- Benchmarking: comparative evaluation of the reference market, analysis of trends and fashion weeks
- Research methods: cool hunters & bloggers, trade shows
- The role of buyers in today’s fashion market
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of products
- Analysis of target consumers
- The importance of visual merchandising in sale strategies
- Case studies
- Buying strategies: purchase scheduling, sales analysis and planning, budget management
- The category-wise buying plan: total look, ready to wear, accessories
- Final project
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 1, 2017