- Acquire the vision and businedd language of the kitchen and about the areas of customer service.
- Incorporate an attitude of a leader capable of designing, managing and empowering a complex and multidisciplinary work team.
- Train in the financial aspects of measurement and economic control, from the provision of efficient and experiential services, to maximize profitability and be aligned with the values and objectives of the company.
- Acquire knowledge for the management of the processes, planning, organization, control and supervision of the processes that determine the generation of experiences and the contribution of profitability in any type of service or restoration and hospitality business.
Develop leadership-oriented skills, the management of the people that make up the work teams and the relationship with the company's environment.
Promote the necessary attitudes to lead the adaptation to innovation from the leadership.
At whom it is aimed
To hotel and restaurant professionals who want to orientate themselves to the management, administration and direction of restoration and relaed companies
To heads of ketchen, heads of room, directors of hotel and of units of business that want to direct and lead their teams in businesses of resoration
Managers who want to efficiently manage operations in business beyond the culinary and are based on innovation and creativity to generate diffirentiating experiences
Owners, managers and intermediate managers of catering companies and collectives who want to plan, organize and execute different and profitable restoration services.
Professionals with responsability in provisioning and purchasing functions, management control of business units, design of spaces, generation of experience and customer loyalty.
What you will learn
- People Management, from the point of view of production force in the context of the human team that should lead, including the design of jobs, recruitment, selection, training, delegation and dismissal.
- Business Management, which provides the student with the business vision of the kitchen and the production of services.
- Process Management, which provides the student the tools and the criteria for the definition and management of productions and service processes to generate unforgettable experiences for the customer and building loyalty to their team.
- Economic Management, which provides the student the economic, operational and tactical context of their work, including financial, measurement and control aspects.
- Future, that will provide you an expert vision in the medium and long term of the new trends and new paradigms which you will face in the next years and that will prepare you to the management of that change.
Aimed at developing skills, especially those that have to do with the cognitive abilities that the student needs to face the challenges of the 21st century.
- Creativity and Innovation, composed of a series of practical workshops aimed at enhancing creativity and innovation through methodologies that will provide you with agility and creative efficiency.
- Leadership and teamwork, they are sessions that will give you the clues and the keys to become the efficient and respected leader of your workers and will provide you with the methodology so that they know how to behave as a team directed towards the objectives that you set.
- CIB Specials, these are complementary sessions of CIB, mostly in workshop format, which will surprise you because of its dynamics.
- Decision making, that will provide you methodology to make it much easier and more efficient to make simple and complex decisions away from assumptions, fears and harmful influences.
It refers to the subject designed for the empowerment of the necessary behaviours to force the development of the program:
- Field work, you'll have the opportunity of getting to know key experiences relates to the field of restaurants and hotels management, from the privileged position and from the hands of its protagonists.
- Experiences, where you will meet real life experiences of people outside the CIB WHO will bring you their most intimate and personal vision, anecdotes, successes and failures.
It includes those subjects that are developed transversally during the program.
- Challenge, these are sessions where you will put to the test the knowledge acquired by participating in a two-day workshop, to which students are challenged with a determined situation that must be resolved in record time.
- Core Project, executed transversely for a large part of the program, you will individually apply your knowledge and skills through the execution of a project under the tutelage of your faculty.
- Applicants must have a qualification as a chef or five years experince as a chef in a professional kitchen.
- Advanced spoken and written Spanish.
- Pass the pre-admission interview.
- Main requirement to be over 18 years old.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel or similar
NOTE: Applicants who do not meet this requisite can apply for the extendible training module in Digital Skills for Catering, which includes instruction on the use of Excel)
About the Culinary Institute of Barcelona
Our commitment and thought.
This is how we experience it
About the School
The Culinary Institute of Barcelona is designed so that you have a unique and unrepeatable experience based on multiculturalism, creativity and innovation.