- Learning at BLI is an experience that goes beyond the classroom. You will be part of multicultural classes taught by qualified teachers who will make your learning time fun, interesting and interactive.
- Classes are never the same! The topics covered in the classes are carefully chosen to keep you engaged and motivated.
- By the end of the program, you will have more confidence in your language skills and will have achieved your objectives in a fun and interactive way.
- Living in a city where the language you are learning is spoken will give you the opportunity to practice your English or French in real life situations. You will benefit from a true immersion by being exposed to natural language, listening to real people, and connecting with the culture of French and English in Canada.
- Let your language skills grow outside of the classroom as you adapt to living in one of the safest, most affordable and most beautiful cities in North America. With history, culture and friendly people all around you, you will never learn as quickly and effectively as when you surround yourself with these elements.
- Connecting with other students from all over the world, you will make amazing friends and learn about many other cultures while practicing English or French together.
- Our Activity Program will ensure you create memories to cherish for the rest of your life as you bond and learn together in a relaxed and fun environment.
- Language studies have never been more enjoyable!
- You will get to live the language you are learning through our incredible Activity Program, which will allow you to explore and discover two of the most beautiful cities in Canada and to practice your English or French with your classmates and activity leaders outside the classroom in real life situations.
- You will always be busy as our Activity Program is full of interesting and engaging activities and tours.
- Living a summer full of amazing activities during the week and with weekends spent touring exciting New York or whale watching in beautiful Tadoussac, at BLI you will live learning and love learning.
We take care of everything
The FLAP Program includes:
- Supervision, safety, and security
- A safe learning environment
- 24 English or French lessons per week · Monday through Friday, given by qualified teachers
- Course materials and certificates of achievement
- Small groups with a maximum of 18 students per class
- Accommodation placement fee
- Accommodation · Residential and Homestay options available depending on the chosen destination
- Full board meal plan including 3 meals per day, with a variety of nutritious and healthy options
- Fully supervised activities and excursions – 5 half day activities during the week and 2 full days on Saturday and Sunday
- Local transportation costs
- Medical insurance
- Airport pick up & drop off
- Custodianship letter
- Unaccompanied Minor Service · BLI staff escorts minor students to the airport to ensure a safe departure
Classes and Workshops
- BLI guarantees the highest quality in the programs we offer. All our classes are led by experienced, professional, certified instructors.
- Our strong communicative based curriculum is specifically designed to teach and motivate young learners and keep them interested in our classes. It makes learning what it should be: FUN!
- Students get involved in all their classes because all the topics are carefully thought out, aimed at teenagers and their interests, and are age-appropriate.
- In order to maximize productivity and progress, we keep our classes small with a maximum of 15 students per class. By doing so, we are able to give our students the individual attention they need.
- At BLI, language learners gain confidence and achieve their learning goals in an enjoyable way!
- Classes take place either at our main campus in the very heart of Montreal or in our annex; both locations are easily accessible by public transport – only five minutes walk from a subway station.
- During the morning students take general English and French classes and during the afternoon they can take one of our workshops.
- Our task-based workshops are a fundamental part of the program as they give learners the opportunity to develop their language skills while practicing and learning other skills, and having fun!
- Our workshops encourage linguistic autonomy, flexibility, and results! Working with each other and their Workshop Leaders, students will be given a project to be completed each week and presented on Friday.
Activities and excursions are an essential part of our Adventure Programs. They provide students with the opportunity to experience a new world and new ways, discover new things, make new friends and practice their new English / French skills outside the classroom.
The program is designed to keep students busy.
Our activity and excursion program is packed with an exciting variety of quality activities designed to entertain and provide a truly fun and memorable Canadian experience. Every single day our students can practice the language they are learning in real-life situations while they explore what the beautiful cities of Montreal and Quebec have to offer their visitors.
The program includes 5 half-day activities during the week and a full weekend tour or 2 full-day activities over the weekend.
All the activities and excursions are led by qualified bilingual staff. All our staff is mature, responsible, professional people who will ensure students:
- Get the most out of their experience
- Are updated daily on their activities
- Are aware of times and venues
- Are respectful and cordial at all times
- Discover Canadian life, culture, and history
- In our residential program, you will live at one of the most exclusive student's residences in Montreal which is located 5 minutes from our main campus.
- Living in a residence will give you the opportunity to connect with other international students for the duration of your whole program.
- You will have access to 24/7 support and supervision offered by friendly staff who will be there for you throughout your stay.
- After arrival, you will have an orientation session detailing residence rules, meal times, facilities, emergency procedures and support services.
A home away from home
- Our homestay program will give you the opportunity to immerse yourself in the cultures and languages of Canada. You will live a family experience.
- All our host families are carefully selected and have to meet BLI’s quality criteria. We ensure that all host family houses meet safety and hygiene standards and have undergone a very strict selection procedure.
- If you are taking our homestay program, you will finish your FLAP day at 6:00 pm and head home to have dinner with your host family by public transportation.
- All meals will be provided by the family. During the weekend excursions, you will be responsible for buying your meals.