A great option if you wish to obtain an internationally recognised English qualification.
Cambridge exam preparation courses are designed to equip you with the appropriate examination skills and techniques in order to take the Cambridge First Certificate (FCE) or Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) exams. You will cover all English skills and develop the language skills needed for academic and professional success.
FCE / CAE Cambridge Exam Preparation includes:
- Celtic Online account
- First-day placement test and induction
- Guided city tour of Cardiff
- Free Internet access
- Free mineral water
- Progress reports
- Help and advice with further study
- Homework and weekly assignments
- End of course report
- Celtic English Academy certificate showing your attendance record (min. 80%) and level
We welcome students from 16 to 60+ to learn English on any of our adult courses. We have over 40 different nationalities studying with us every year and small class sizes of a maximum of just 10 students per class. Did you know that 98% of Celtic students would recommend us to their friends and family?
Cambridge Exam Preparation Description
The Cambridge First Certificate of English (FCE) and the Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) are internationally recognised English language qualifications.
You can use these qualifications to improve your career opportunities or to gain university entry. Over 15,000 higher or further educational institutions, government bodies and ministries, as well as companies accept the Cambridge English certificate.
FCE – First Certificate of English
FCE is a B2 level exam aimed at learners whose command of English is adequate for many practical everyday purposes, including business and study.
CAE – Certificate of Advanced English
CAE is an advanced level exam for high-level learners and is accepted globally as proof of high achievement. It can be used for employment, university and student visa applications in the UK.
- Cambridge examination fees are not included in the course fees.
- The Cardiff and Vale College 2016 examination fee is £140 for FCE and £145 for CAE.
Who is Cambridge Exam Preparation for?
- Students who want to obtain a formal, internationally recognised English language qualification.
- Students who want certification of their English level for employment purposes or university entry.
- Students who want to cover all English skills.
- Acquire necessary examination techniques to prepare for your Cambridge FCE or CAE examination.
- Increase your confidence and accuracy in all English skills.
- Communicate in English more easily in professional or educational settings.
- Understand more about English-speaking cultures.
How we measure your progress
Your progress will be assessed by means of weekly tests, a mid-term test and end-of-term test. In addition to this, you will be encouraged to keep a journal and complete portfolio work.
Cambridge preparation students should achieve a minimum of 70% on tests and have no less than 80% attendance throughout the course in order to achieve the best results in the examination.
|AM||8.45 - 10.15 10.30 - 12||8.45 - 10.15 10.30 - 12||8.45 - 10.15 10.30 - 12||8.45 - 10.15 10.30 - 12||8.45 - 10.15 10.30 - 12|
|Midday||12.30 - 14||12.30 - 14||12.30 - 14||12.30 - 14||12.30 - 14|
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 5, 2018