Data of the degree
- Qualification: Expert title
- Aimed at: Restoration professionals who want to boost their career with training at the highest level
- Duration: 4 months (February 18 - June 18)
- Total hours: 230h
- Credits: 18 ECTS
- Price: € 1,980
- It is given: Friday
- Delivered in: Spanish
- It is taught in: Castellón (Spain)
Live the gastronomic business
The curriculum of this Title proposes a total immersion in the management of a gastronomic business. From creation, control of costs and strategic organization to good financial planning. All the factors that define the success of the new companies in the sector will be reviewed.
A team made up of the best
We have the best experts in product, technique, avant-garde, innovation and kitchen trends. You can learn together with many of the international reference chefs that are part of our Culinary Team. Highly specialized professionals that make our teaching staff one of our differential elements.
Why study this title?
- You will know the market, the consumer and the trends that regulate the current gastronomic sector.
- You will acquire the tools for the creation of a successful gastronomic business.
- You will learn how to manage a business by controlling the necessary parameters.
- You will manage cost management tools, finance and taxation to maintain a continuous control of the business.
- You will apply criteria to maintain the concept of total quality in the business.
- You will know first hand the most successful business models and you will be aware of the latest trends at the international level.
- CEU Cardenal Herrera y Gasma University is committed to an innovative methodology and an active role for students: practical sessions, Masterclasses, workshops, visits ...
- You will learn from the experience and know-how of our Culinary Team and the greatest experts in Gastronomic Management.
- You will bet on networking and promote your own gastronomic community thanks to the contact with chefs and professionals who participate in your training.
- You will learn through an eminently practical academic training. You will learn practicing, managing, cooking.
The objective of this Expert Title is not only to train the best chefs, but also the future entrepreneurs of the gastronomic sector. Professionals that are nourished by the new trends that move the international gastronomic scene, the new concepts and the current values that mark the sector.
- Students of Higher Degree / half of cooking and restoration (Hospitality)
- Restoration professionals who want to boost their career with training at the highest level.
- University graduates in Gastronomy or Culinary Arts
- University graduates in Management / Hotel Management and Tourism with specific mentions in Gastronomy or Restoration
Program and methodology
- The Cardenal Herrera y Gasma University is committed to an experiential and motivating format in which the student is the main protagonist of their training. The objective is for students to develop their professional profile to the maximum and acquire all the skills demanded by the sector. The best way to do it is through an innovative and dynamic methodology. For this reason, 80% of the hours of this Expert Title are dedicated to practical training.
- The classes are held in intensive days on Fridays between 9.00 and 6.30 pm with meals at the center, so that the student takes full advantage of this gastronomic experience. The students are trained in practical-participatory sessions and work together with international reference chefs.
- We bet on experiential learning beyond the classroom. The objective is for the student to know and value the work of the different gastronomic actors: farmers, producers, distributors, laboratories, ID centers, etc. All this under constant supervision by the trainers and a continuous evaluation of the knowledge.
The subjects of the Degree offer the student a training in management and management tools as well as in the knowledge of the current successful business models in the sector.
- Creation of the Gastronomic Business: The new business models in gastronomy are the result of innovation in the sector, needing for this a prior investigation of the market and a deep knowledge of current trends. In this Expert Title we will give you the necessary tools to design your business model and carry it out.
- Gastronomic Business Management: The management of a gastronomic business requires control over certain parameters that define the state of the company at all times. You will learn to establish objectives, manage your resources and control costs.
- Development of the Gastronomic Business: Making decisions about the expansion or adaptation of a business in the face of new market demands is a turning point of vital importance for its durability. You will obtain the necessary tools to have a strategic vision of your business.
The Expert Title will have a teaching staff composed of professionals and experts with extensive experience and pedagogical capacity, who make up our Culinary Team. It is a team in constant growth and composed, among others, by:
- Chefs of international prestige.
- Producers and experts in each area of the product.
- Researchers and experts in ID i.
- Businessmen of the restoration and the food industry.
- Experts in culinary management.
The Title will be paid in the following way:
- Registration fee: (* reimbursable in case of non-admission) € 150
- Rest of the amount: (* to the confirmation of admission) € 1,830
- Total: € 1,980
The registration includes:
- All teaching material and raw materials used during the program.
- Experiences outside the classroom to complete the training.
- Gasma uniform
Form: To start the process, fill in the form at the end of this page and make the payment of the registration fee. In the case of choosing the bank transfer as payment method, please send the proof of payment to the address email@example.com, in order to set up a personal interview.
Interview: Within 24 hours of receiving the Application for Registration, the student will conduct a personal interview with a team of teachers and Gasma experts. The objective is to know the candidates, assess their knowledge in the sector and their aptitudes for the program. The interview will be done personally or via Skype, in case of not being able to attend in person. Once the personal interview is done, the teaching team can decide if it is necessary to carry out a personal knowledge test to assess the candidates.
Results: Once the personal interview (and the knowledge test if it is considered necessary), the applications will be assessed and the results of the admission process will be communicated to the registered ones. In case of being admitted, a confirmation e-mail will be sent and the request for payment of the reservation of the place, which can be made within 48 hours, either by electronic payment (virtual POS or Paypal) or by bank transfer.