What is the Executive Program in Business Analytics?
The digital revolution allows making more accurate business decisions, using tools that draw conclusions from the vast amount of data available. This is what is called business data analysis, or Business Analytics. It is a discipline highly demanded by the labor market and with excellent growth prospects.
Its objective is to train in the principles of analytics and its application to business problems. It is developed with a practical methodology that combines the acquisition of general analytical skills with the detailed study of real cases of Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, Logistics, Strategy, Sales and other key areas for the business. With this combination, the professional skills are achieved to facilitate dialogue between the technical and business areas and build innovative value propositions based on data.
Apply for admission. The process begins online, once the candidate has verified that he meets the eligibility requirements for the Diploma. Likewise, you must attach the documentation detailed in the "Requirements and Documentation" section.
Conduct the personal interview. The candidate will carry out a personal interview with those responsible for the program, as well as a face-to-face technical test of data analysis and statistical reasoning.
Communication and legal requirements for university access. The candidate will be informed about the results of the admission within a period of approximately 15 days from the completion of the previous steps.
Formalize the registration. Once admitted, the student must formalize the enrollment. The process begins via the web, but it is necessary to deliver the registration form and additional documentation to the General Secretariat within the deadlines expressly indicated to the candidate.
Presentation of applications: From June 8.
Course duration: October 23, 2020-April 17, 2021.
Hours: Friday from 4:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The course takes place at ICADE business school (Calle Rey Francisco 4) over a semester and the face-to-face sessions will have such a periodicity that allows students to combine this training with dedication to work. Additionally, the student must do 5 hours a week of online work.
For admission to the program, the following merit evaluation criteria will be taken into account:
- The academic record.
- Work experience.
- Result of the technical test of data analysis and statistical reasoning.
- Assessment of the personal interview.
Together with the duly completed application form, the following documents must be submitted:
- Certified copy of the academic title of University Degree, Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree.
- If you are currently studying a program in Comillas, a copy of the enrollment made for the current academic year.
- In the case of being a former student of the Comillas University Degree, Degree, Diploma or Master's degree, a photocopy of the corresponding academic degree or the receipt of having paid the degree application fees (if it is not already available).
- Photocopy of the DNI or Passport.
- Curriculum vitae.
Material for classes
The student is required to bring to the classroom a laptop (not tablet), with Windows or MacOS operating system, Core i5 processor or higher, 8 GB of RAM and 1 TB of disk.
Financial information and aid
Price of the program, € 7,300. This payment is divided into a first disbursement of € 1,240 for enrollment and 6 monthly payments of € 1,010. The amount to reserve a place is € 1,240 "
Comillas students and alumni will receive a 25% discount.
In the event that there is more than one student from the same company, other non-cumulative discounts are provided for those granted by former student status. These are:
- 10% for 2-3 students from the same company.
- 20% for 4-5 students from the same company.
- 25% for 6 or more participants from the same company.
Data-Centric Business (3 ECTS)
- Introduction to BigData
- Data centric strategy
- Use cases
- Operations management
- Commercial management
- BigData project management
Models and Statistics (5 ECTS)
- Introduction to statistics
- Introduction to R
- Exploratory analysis
- Learning models
- Unsupervised models
Data Processing and Big Data (3 ECTS)
- Introduction to Python
- Database Management
- Hadoop, Spark
- Trading tools
- Management and selection of suppliers
Text Mining (2 ECTS)
- Text mining and sentiment analysis
- Analysis of social networks
Business Intelligence (2.5 ECTS)
- Introduction to BI
- Datawarehouses and ingest
Applied Cases (3 ECTS)
- Success stories in the use of Big Data in different areas
- Human Resources
- Operations and Logistics
- Management Strategy
Regulation and Ethics (1 ECTS)
- Legal framework and ethics cases
- Information anonymization
Trends and Final Project (5.5 ECTS)
- Innovation and future trends in BD
- Final project
About the School
ICADE Business School, as an integral part of the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration at Comillas Pontifical University, benefits from a long history of training business professionals.