This research-driven model of coaching is a custom-built, one-on-one developmental experience for the mid- to senior-level executive who is preparing for a greater scope of responsibility or who needs to make a leap forward in leadership capability. Executive Leadership Coaching provides a complete discovery, alignment, assessment, feedback and coaching package. It can be engaged along with another CCL program or as a stand-alone leadership development opportunity.
- A custom assessment package that typically includes personality and style surveys, 360-degree feedback instruments and telephone interviews with selected work colleagues.
- In-person feedback and goal-setting sessions.
- May include a boss-alignment session between the coach, coachee, and the supervisor to cement agreement on developmental goals.
- Ongoing coaching utilizing a variety of media that could include: telephone, in-person, video, or on-line contact.
- On-site observations - shadowing - can be included in the assessment or coaching phase.
Best suited for:
- Executives who are preparing for a major step up in leadership responsibilities
- Leaders who have recently taken a new position with complex challenges
- Executives who have made substantial changes in his or her approach to leadership in a new situation
- Executives who want to use a confidential, empowering, professional relationship to enhance the organization's effectiveness through leadership
Typically structured to last 6 to 8 months or longer, according to the executive's needs
Best suited for: Any team or group that might use a confidential, empowering, professional coaching relationship to enhance effectiveness and desired outcomes
Last updated January 18, 2018