Florida Atlantic University Executive Certificate in Project Management is an outstanding program for any professional who is pursuing a career in the field of project management.
Our courses are accredited by PMI® (Project Management Institute) and designed for Project Managers who are looking to expand their knowledge in all areas of project management.
The Executive Certificate in Project Management covers all the fundamentals of the internationally accepted Project Management Body Of Knowledge (PMBOK®) in a format that appreciates the severe time limitation of today’s employees.
All students that enroll in the Executive Certificate in Project Management have the option to receive the training to sit for the Project Management Institute (PMI®) Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification exam.
The PMI® is widely recognized for establishing the international standard for project management training.
PMBOK recognizes 5 basic process groups and 9 knowledge areas typical of almost all projects. The basic concepts are applicable to projects, programs and operations.
The five basic process groups are:
Our curriculum covers all nine (9) PMBOK areas
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Communication Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
Who should attend
Planning, estimating, scheduling and controlling of projects are considered required skills in the new millennium. Each of these skills is fundamental to the successful completion of projects within organizations. This 12+3 day program will introduce you to a project management discipline that can be implemented in any organization.
The program will provide participants with a portfolio that includes tools and techniques to support the orderly implementation of the project management discipline. The program is intended to provide an environment in which to practice project management techniques and skills.
What will be covered
This course provides an overview of project management concepts and principles using lecture, small group case studies and discussions. The complete program allows each team to develop a real project from concept to close-out emulating the project management life cycle. After completing the program, you will have learned to:
- Differentiate between projects and programs by identifying and contrasting characteristics of each
- Link project goals and objectives to clear, compelling stakeholder needs
- Recruit and manage high-performance team
- Develop work breakdown structures
- Set realistic, measurable objectives and ensure positive results
- Master fundamental project management skills, concepts and techniques
- Create project charter, scope statement, work breakdown structure, project network, project schedule and project budget
- Learn how project management software programs use techniques such as Gantt charts, resource histograms, etc.
- Apply concepts such as critical path, schedule compression, crashing, slick/float, fast tracking and resource leveling
- Recognize PMI's nine knowledge areas and five process groups
- Identify key stakeholders and their impact on, as well as their roles in a typical project
- Differentiate types of organizational structures and their impact on managing projects
- Develop project plans using proven techniques
- Estimate techniques for calculating resources, time and cost
- Identify, evaluate and manage project risks and develop risk management plans
- Develop project baselines and change control systems to manage changes throughout project life cycle
- Monitor and control progress throughout project life cycle
- Close-out projects and capture lessons learned
An FAU Executive Certificate in Project Management will be awarded upon completion of the seven first courses (12 days) and demonstration of knowledge, comprehension and understanding of the material in each of the courses. The last course, PMP Exam Prep (3 days), is optional, and is intended for students who wish to pursue PMP certification as an addition to the Professional Certificate.
- Project Management Introdution & Integration
- Scope Management
- Cost and Schedule Management
- Risk Management
- Quality Management
- Human Resource & Communications Management
- Summary Review & Final Project
- PMP Exam Preparation
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 18, 2018