Build Your Career in the Exciting World of Events!
Singapore is a world leader in the creation and production of innovative, vibrant celebratory events. Additionally, it plays host to hundreds of international sporting and business events each year. As its events industry grows and develops, so does the opportunities for people trained in the management of these many and varied corporate and public events.
Why You Should Attend This Course:
The Executive Certificate in Event Management is a 4-day course designed to provide a foundation of key skills and knowledge associated with the creation and delivery of corporate (e.g. product launches, conferences, functions, fundraising events), private (e.g. parties, weddings) and public events (e.g. festivals, street parades, fairs and sporting events).
The focus of the Executive Certificate in Event Management is on developing an understanding of the theory and practice of creating and delivering various types of events. The course content is based on the results of an extensive survey of event management professionals. All students who undertake the course will receive a jointly badged Certificate from the Marketing Institute of Singapore (MIS) and the Australian Centre for Event Management (ACEM), University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) acknowledging their participation.
- Introduction to the event planning process
- Introduction to the event industry
Event initiation and the event planning context
- Establishing event vision/mission/purpose statements, goals and objectives
- Contextual factors in event planning e.g. legal considerations
- Bidding/responding to client briefs/tenders
- Creating the event concept
- Event work breakdown structures
- Establishing event resource needs
- Organisational structures for events
- Operational planning
- event human resources
- venue/site selection and layout
- theming, performance and staging (optional venue site visit)
- event marketing
- designing environmentally-friendly events
- event sponsorship
- event risk management
- Schedules, checklists and running sheets
- The role of the event manual
Monitoring, control, shutdown evaluation and knowledge management
- Event monitoring and control tools
- Event shutdown tasks
- Event evaluation processes and tools
- Event knowledge management systems
The event management process in operation – case study
- Singapore event case study
- The event planning process – a review
Who Will Benefit?
This course has been designed to both enhance the professional skill and knowledge base of those already employed within the event industry and to serve as a sound platform for people wishing to launch careers in the exciting and varied field of event management. Past graduates of this course have secured, or been successful in advancing their careers in, a variety of event related positions, including: corporate in-house event managers; festival organisers; conference/meeting planners; charity event coordinators; parade directors; wedding planners; special event organisers; government event planners/coordinators; sport event managers; hotel/resort/cruise ship based event coordinators; and exhibition organisers.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 14, 2016