Gain the skills to manage the design and development of products for strategic competitive advantage. This intensive three-day certificate program provides the skills related to managing creativity and design, customer-focused innovation, gap analysis in the design process, strategy in design, industrial design essentials, human factors, research, marketing and intellectual property. Participants will also gain skills in managing the product development phase-gate process, teams, and product performance metrics.
You will learn:
- To identify opportunities in the product development process
- A structured process for product development including phases and criteria for successful product introductions
- Human factors and usability in the design process
- Management strategies and supporting metrics to ensure optimal team performance
- To enhance creativity and manage intellectual capital
- The underlying principles of successful project management
- How to conduct end-user focused innovation research and the designer's role in achieving product success
- Customer-focused innovation and insightful market research
Real Case Studies taught by Industry Experts
Leading industry professionals and faculty from the following schools help conduct the Executive Education program:
- Robert R. McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science
- Kellogg School of Management
- Medill School of Journalism
We also bring in industry experts to use real-world case studies and group workshops to illustrate the concepts discussed in the program. These professionals talk about how to apply these principles in the workplace and talk about current design innovation trends.
The program will be held on the Chicago campus of Northwestern University, Weiboldt Hall, 339 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611.
Classrooms are located at the Kellogg School of Management on Northwestern University’s Chicago Campus. The campus is just blocks from Lake Michigan and is just off Michigan Avenue, Chicago’s Magnificent Mile. Chicago is home to vast social and cultural resources as well as famous landmarks.
About the School
Our mission is to educate the next generation of synthetic thinkers and leaders — people who are able to move across domains and industries, identify convergences, and create impact through the lens o ... Read More