Evidence Based Practice and Research Methodologies - Advanced Professional Development [Level HE6] part-time [ University of Bolton ]
This module is aimed at all professionals involved with the care of individuals in the fields of health, social care and early years. It will develop your knowledge of the key research principles applied in contemporary practice in these fields. You will learn to evaluate evidence, arguments and assumptions in contemporary health, social care and early years research. It will also encourage you to selectively utilise research knowledge to inform and evaluate current and future practice.
It is the first core module for the BSc (Hons) Professional Studies pathways.
- Learning skills, reflection and critical appraisal,
- Professional development planning,
- Evidenced based practice,
- The relationship between theory, method and research studies,
- The research process,
- Ethical and legal implications of conducting research,
- Research design and the methodologies employed in qualitative and quantitative approaches to research,
- Key concepts including sampling, operational definitions, validity, reliability etc,
- Data collection and analysis,
- Evaluating research methods.
You should have previously studied some Level HE5 or HE6 modules in education, early years or social care.
Previous work or voluntary experience in a relevant field is also required.
You will be interviewed as part of the application process.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017