Environmental Science and Conservation is a hands-on class full of field study and experimentation.
Learn how our environment is affected by the change, learn what it means for life and discover how to positively affect it. As we enter a period of unprecedented change in human history, the study of conservation and the future of our planet has never been more important. The aim of this course is to introduce students to the main issues affecting biodiversity in the world today. Students will cover a broad range of topics from biology to ecology to climate change and food security. As part of the course, students will develop their laboratory skills and undertake a final project which will be centered around field skills. The course includes a trip to Blair Drummond Safari Park.
- Introduction to Biology
- Introduction to Ecology
- Climate change
- Food security
- Issues affecting biodiversity
- Lab work
- Field skills
- A trip to Safari Park
Environmental Studies is the perfect introduction for students interested in biology, ecology, conservation, and the environment.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of biology, ecology, and conservation
- Understand how environmental studies affect society
- Developing an awareness of the scientific process and the relationships between hypothesis, evidence, theory, and explanation
- Develop observational, problem solving, laboratory and field skills
- Develop critical analysis skills
- Enhance communication and mathematical skills
Our fees are inclusive and cover:
- Airport transfers from Edinburgh International Airport
- Participation in 3 Week Exclusive Summer School Program
- Modern, single bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- 36 hours of academic tuition
- 36 hours of elective tuition
- All Cultural trips and outdoor activities
- Laundry service
- 24-hour supervision
- 3 meals a day
- Varied and fun evening activity program
- Course materials
- Access to swimming pool, golf course and tennis courts
- Weekend excursions and workshops
- Wifi in rooms
- ISSFT T-Shirt and Weekly Newsletter
- Course certificate and student report
- A UK Summer School experience you will never forget!
About the School
We are passionate about working with young people of different cultures, our goal is to spark their imagination and to inspire them for the future.