This course is designed to help overseas healthcare professionals prepare for the language and communication skills needed in a variety of clinical contexts.
The course focuses on improving students’ language skills (Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking) as well as sub-skills (Pronunciation, Vocabulary, Grammar, Writing conventions, and Punctuation) in their particular professional situations and increasing their chances of passing the Occupational English Test (OET). While practice tests are of benefit, they are not sufficient on their own to prepare students for the exam; therefore, the course also:
- Recreates an exam room environment to help students adjust to a test setting
- Helps students prepare for a medical workplace in Australia
- Teaches exam skills and tips for each of the four OET exams
- Provides feedback and individual training plan from a trained OET teacher
- Offers plenty of practice materials
The full course is offered to: Doctors, Nurses, Dentists, Pharmacists and Physiotherapists.
A course is also offered to Occupational Therapists, Radiographers and Veterinarians which consists of a full reading and listening course and a limited writing and speaking course. We don’t have materials for speaking and writing skills for Dieticians, Speech Pathologists, Podiatrists, and Optometrists.
Occupational English Test (OET) is an international English language test that assesses the language communication skills of healthcare professionals. The OET is accepted by Australian vocational and tertiary education providers for course entry requirements and covers all four language skills, with an emphasis on communication in a healthcare environment. Only limited time to prepare?!
Only limited time to prepare?
Are you among many other OET candidates who:
- have a limited time to prepare for OET?
- look for OET last minute preparation?
- have tried the test before and failed one or more of the skills?
- have never taken the test but have a fairly advanced proficiency level?
- are during their main course semester break and want to get OET out of the way?
Then, this course can still help you prepare for all four components of the exam (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking) and improve your performance under test conditions within 1 to 4 weeks.
A consistent IELTS band of 5.5 (Academic) is recommended as a minimum entry requirement for this course. If you are unsure of your English level, please contact us for consultation. Melbourne Language Centre also offers a free placement test at our City campus every Monday.
At MLC, classes are run continuously throughout the year – the school is open every day except Saturday, Sunday and public holidays and does not close for term or school holidays.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 24, 2017