- Year-round courses (Sunday - Saturday)
- All language levels
- 1:1 or 2:1 immersion environment
- Full adult supervision
Your child will study at the home of a caring and professional teacher.
Our courses are adapted for children aged 6-12 and our teachers are specially selected to look after young students. Many of our teachers are current or former school teachers and are experienced in hosting young learners.
The course will be a mixture of lessons and activity-based learning appropriate to the child’s age and needs.
A large focus will be on conversation and speaking fluency, as well as building confidence in conversational English.
Who are these courses for?
- Young learners wanting a safe, family environment.
- Children preparing for a boarding school in the UK.
- Students travelling alone for the first time who need extra care and attention.
Included in the course fee
- Personalised course with your chosen teacher.
- Adult supervision of your child.
- Private bedroom in the teacher’s home.
- All meals are taken at home.
- Two half-day trips or activities per week and one full-day weekend trip for courses of more than two weeks.
- Pre-arrival online assessment and academic evaluation.
- Study materials for use during the stay.
- Personal end-of-course report.
- Certificate of attendance.
- Travel insurance.
A General English course for children that builds confidence and develops speaking fluency.
Activity-based learning allows your child to practise English in a comfortable setting.
Boarding School Preparation
A course specially designed for students planning on studying at a boarding school in the UK or Ireland.
Our teachers will help prepare your child for life at school, including practical and cultural lessons.
Boarding School Preparation courses include:
- A greater understanding of the UK and Ireland boarding schools and curricula.
- Visit a UK or Irish boarding school.
- Develop independent study skills.
- Practical life skills for boarding schools.
This is a total immersion course for young learners who would like to focus on a particular academic subject in English such as maths or science. The teacher is a fully qualified primary school teacher.
Welfare and Safety
The security and well-being of our students are of paramount importance. To ensure our students have a safe and enjoyable time, Bucksmore Homelingua has a detailed student welfare policy that teachers follow.
Students aged 12 and under are not allowed out of the home alone and are supervised at all times.
|Per week||UK 1:1||UK 2:1(pp)||Ireland 1:1||Ireland 2:1(pp)|