English for Business (Level 4) Foundation degree
The Vernon Community College English for Business is a qualification that is intended for candidates who have achieved a fundamental understanding of English in a business context and have the ability to use the language in a practical way at a very basic level. The qualification consists of a mandatory reading and writing exam and optional speaking and listening exams.
London Chamber of Commerce and Industry International Qualifications (LCCI IQs) have been awarded since 1887 and is recognised by Employers, Governments and Universities worldwide.
Applicants must go through an online LCCI assessment test to determine their English proficiency, to confirm their placement level.
English for Business (Level: Preliminary, 1, 2, 3 and 4)
To provide the participant with the fundamental understanding of English in a business context as well as to develop their basic linguistic ability in a predictable business context. The Classes will be conducted on a full-time basis which is 5 days a week and 3 hours per day. The duration per level is 3 months.
Syllabus Topics (Preliminary Level)
• Basic office or place of work descriptions
• Basic jobs and roles in a work context
• Basic social language within a business context
• Basic work or business-related instructions and directions
• Simple numerical information
• Standard business or work-related messages
English for Business (Level 4)
To develop linguistic ability to understand and write English used in a variety of ways within a range of business contexts, employment of appropriate styles to produce a range of business documents for different audiences and to make an oral presentation for business-related topics of a given situation.
• Reading and comprehending an authentic text and producing business article based on the copy
• Writing business texts from given information
• Reformulating and reformatting text from one text type to another-specifically text to precise and digital/graphic/numerical information to text.
• Extending and producing completed texts in a range of contrasting genres.
About the School
Vernon Community College is a innovative, enterprising and forward-looking college where our teachers are passionate about learning and totally committed to your success. We were praised for our high ... Read More