The ELICOS - 089714G General English course is designed to provide skills and knowledge in use of the English language for general purposes. It includes academic purposes but is not limited to such purposes. The Intermediate, Upper Intermediate, and Advanced modules provide students the opportunity to focus on particular areas of English relevant to the student’s interest.
The ELICOS - General English course provides students with the necessary English skills for the following purposes:
- To facilitate attainment of educational, vocational and social goals.
- To facilitate access to employment through language skill development.
- To enhance the learner’s ability to function effectively in the Australian community.
- To meet English language requirements for cross-cultural organizations.
- Preparation for undertaking other studies at Unity College Australia.
- Preparation for studies at other educational institutions within Australia.
This ELICOS course is based on specific and relevant learning outcomes and will provide a comprehensive range of English skills necessary to live and work in Australian society. This course will involve classroom-based delivery but will utilize a wide range of teaching-learning methods, as language learning is best achieved through communicative activities. Students will be given suitable opportunities to interact with Australian society in a range of circumstances.
This will be done at a level appropriate to the level of English being studied and under appropriate supervision. This course has been based on flexible entry and exit. Due to this, students may enter at the start of any module (subject to placement test), and exit at any point during the subsequent modules. This allows for more flexibility with visas and language needs. This course allows for those who are permanent residents, those on student visas, those on tourist visas and those on working holiday visas.
ELICOS - General English is based on flexible entry and exit, therefore, the duration of the course may vary between students. Each module in this General English course is 10 weeks in duration, with the language needs of each student determining how long they will study for. This course consists of 5 modules, run over five 10 week terms. Student intake occurs at the beginning of each term/10 week module.
LOCATION OF TRAINING
This course is delivered at Canberra Campus, Belconnen, ACT, and by various Partners interstate. For other delivery sites see the Partners page on the college website.
Module fees for full-time students of these courses are:
- Australian Students
- Per Module (10-week term) $2,700
- International students (on a student visa)
- Per Module (10-week term) $3,000
- Enrolment in 4 modules (4 terms = 1 year) $11,400
- Enrolment in 5 modules (5 terms = 15 months) $14,100
Note: The College reserves the right to alter fees prior to the start of each academic year.
A resource fee for each module is included in the academic fees. This is used to purchase the New English File Student Book (Oxford University Press), as well as other resources and equipment that will assist the language development of students.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 11, 2018