Experience the Difference of SRU English as a Second Language Programs! The SRU ESL program is proud of its Quality Education, Affordable Tuition, Safe Campus in a Small Town and Global Community.
- Perfect location: SRU campus is located in a safe, beautiful and quiet campus town, Slippery Rock, PA, and only 45~50 minutes away from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania!
- Small Class Size: One class has 5~10 students.
- Qualified Instructors: All ESL instructors have Master's or higher degrees in TESOL, Applied Linguistics or related majors and at least 3 years of English language teaching experience.
- Full Access: The SRU ESL students have the full access to SRU facilities, services, and activities.
- Excellent extracurricular activities: Slippery Rock University encourages ESL students to participate in activities such as personal tutoring, picnics/excursions, field trips, city tours, and much more!
The SRUESL Program offers the following options:
- For students who want to study at Slippery Rock University (or other American university/college)
- 14 weeks: Fall/Spring, 8 weeks: Summer
- Five levels: Starting, Emerging, Developing, Expanding, Bridging (Each student's level is decided after the placement test)
- 7 courses: 6 core classes + 1 tutorial
- Class hours: 20 hours per week
- Customized curriculum: Hospitality English, Business English, English for Diverse Professionals, Nonnative English teacher training, etc.
- Flexible schedule: Monday through Friday (3 weeks)
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday (4 weeks)
- Tuesday/Thursday (5 weeks)
- Daytime or evening class
- 2 - 4 weeks session during summer or winter break
- Selection of thematic English courses: English writing, math, science, art, computer, etc.
- English tutorial: each camper has a personal ESL tutor
- Fun activities: Playing American sports, visiting American cities and American universities
- Grade 6 - 10
- A group of 10 - 15 students
- Full-Time Fall/Spring: $3,200
- Full-Time Summer: $2,200
- Part-Time (with approval): $2,000
- Per Course (with approval): $800
- Required Fees: $1,428.90
- Health Insurance*:Fall: $657.00, Spring/Summer: $698.00
SAMPLE COST (SPRING SEMESTER)
- Tuition $3,200 (Full-time)
- Fees $1,428.90
- Health Insurance $698 (Spring)
- Total $5,326.90 (Spring)
New students have orientation fee ($90) and application fee ($50).
*You can buy your own health insurance but it must have the same or higher coverage than required by the university.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 27, 2017