Welcome to LSU ELOP
Since 1943, LSU ELOP has provided English language training and preparation for students seeking admission to LSU. Academic readiness curriculum helps students improve English and university-level study skills. LSU ELOP introduces students to life on campus prior to admission and offers opportunities to engage in Louisiana culture. The LSU ELOP faculty is skilled in cross-cultural communication and multi-national class delivery to prepare students for academic success in the university environment. Our students join us in improving international understanding among all cultures, as we work to make the world a safer and more peaceful place. We strongly believe that learning and working together is the key to a harmonious future. Thank you for your interest in joining us for English classes and more.
Why do International Students choose LSU ELOP?
- Courses in Grammar, Spoken English, Composition, and Reading as well as elective classes in TOEFL preparation and practice.
- Five start dates per year: January, March, June, August, and October.
- Low cost of living in Baton Rouge and competitive tuition fees.
- Guided assistance for LSU Undergraduate and Graduated admission for international students who meet LSU requirements.
- TOEFL exam administered at LSU with same-day test results.
- Campus housing (LSU dormitories) available for full-time students.
- Rapid issuance of I-20 following completed student application.
How Do I Apply?
Apply to learn English during any of the five Eight-Week Basic Courses per year, with levels ranging from elementary to advanced.
- Complete the ELOP Application Form for the appropriate session. (You may obtain a form by clicking Application Forms at any point.)
- Provide proof of high school completion. (See Evidence of Eligibility on Application for Admission.)
- A complete statement of Financial Support.
- Check form carefully and sign.
- Send completed Application Form and documents with an $80.00 check payable to LSU as a non-refundable application fee.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 12, 2018