The exclusive summer program of ISSOS, offers high school students (aged 13-18) the unique opportunity to combine learning, creative enrichment and action-packed adventure in the world renowned and stunning university towns of St Andrews or Cambridge in the UK or New Haven, Connecticut in the United States.
At ISSOS we believe that learning English is about more than studying words and phrases — we see it as a chance to explore new ideas and cultures and develop communication skills that will take you around the world.
This exciting interactive summer school course catering for 13-18 year-olds of all ability levels, assists students to become proficient in the English language while immersing them in an English-speaking environment. Students receive daily instruction from experienced teachers who ensure that all core skills (speaking, reading, writing and listening) are practiced.
What will it cover?
Each student combines this academic summer school program with one of our exciting elective summer courses making this unique program a balanced and exciting summer experience.
- Benefit from experienced and qualified teachers, daily English classes and individual attention
- Significantly improve academic and social communication skills
- Use English to make new friends with students from other countries
- Focus on core skills - speaking, reading, writing and listening
- Stay motivated with our fun and interactive syllabus
The syllabus provides a successful blend of opportunities for students to use and develop their English. Students learn to improve their conversation skills including their grasp of colloquial language and, at the same time, develop their understanding and use of English grammar, vocabulary, reading, writing, listening and speaking skills as required within the classroom. To ensure that our summer students stay motivated, a wide variety of supplementary materials are used, including video, music, newspaper/magazine articles and out of classroom assignments.
This nurturing yet challenging atmosphere will help all students make significant progress and develop communication skills necessary to function efficiently and effectively in both social and academic settings.
Advanced English Course
We offer an advanced English summer school course for those whose spoken English is of a high standard but who need to concentrate on their written English.
- Improve the formation of coherent arguments and structure in formal essay writing
- Explore a range of writing styles
- Improve your confidence when using the English language - both written and spoken
What Makes ISSOS Different?
- High-quality programs, some of which are exclusive to ISSOS
- Welcome students from over 80 nationalities
- 40% of students return year after year
- We only accept 10% of each nationality, ensuring a truly international experience
- Summer staff are experts in their field, from CELTA qualified English teachers to PGA Golf Pros
- We are a Values-Led business with 9 values at our core that run through everything we do
The total cost for ISSOS 2020:
St Andrews & Cambridge: £500 Enrolment Fee, plus £4400 Tuition
Yale: $500 Enrolment Fee, plus $6400 Tuition.
We offer an all-inclusive fee for the three-week ISSOS 2020 experience covering:
- accommodation (full board)
- course materials and equipment
- trips and excursions
- evening activities, cultural trips & Sunday workshops
- cultural events
- the ISSOS Highland Games
- transport between selected airport and ISSOS campus
About the School
ISSOS offers 13 to 18 year olds a balanced summer experience of academia, fun and culture, where students can learn within an encouraging and supportive environment while having fun and making new fri ... Read More