The Engineering Club won First Place in SMUD Solar Regatta over the May 16-18, 2014 weekend. The students designed and built everything from the hull, to the controls, to the electrical system, etc.
The Solar Team won a trophy for the endurance race and our teams beat teams from all over the state including 4-year college teams.
The Engineering Department offers all the courses satisfying the lower division engineering requirements of most California colleges and universities, along with an Engineering Certificate (Fall 2009) that allows students to enter the field with less than a Bachelor's degree.
Students may profitably begin their study of chemical, civil, electrical, or mechanical engineering at Sierra College. Job openings abound in many engineering fields.
Transfer major requirements in Engineering are available in the Counseling Center. Students should consult a counselor and the appropriate college catalog for other transfer requirements.
A.A. or A.S. Degree and/or Certificate
The Engineering major recognizes a concentration in the field of Engineering. Successful completion of the curriculum in Engineering prepares Engineering students for transfer to four-year colleges or universities.
Program Student Learning Outcomes (PSLOs)
- Identify and differentiate between the attributes of the various engineering disciplines as related to education and the workforce.
- Read, analyze, and compose industry standard technical engineering drawings.
- Model physical systems correctly through the use of engineering concepts and then apply advanced mathematical techniques to solve the system.
- Create technical reports that identify, analyze, and assess results taken from experiments that are performed within the engineering lab.
- Construct actual physical models from instructions and diagrams given to them by an instructor and from their own student created designs.