The course will include the fundamental knowledge and technical foundation, vocabulary, and phraseology that will allow the students to be better prepared for future aeronautical coursework. This course will consist of classroom instruction where students will work on skills such as pronunciation, relevant grammatical structures, essential technical vocabulary, speaking fluency, listening comprehension, and appropriate interactions in both routine and non-routine situations. The course will also consist of an online lab component. Once students have been introduced to essential vocabulary and have had sufficient practice, students will complete online modules through true course simulations, videos and in-class simulation exercises, air traffic controller interviews, case studies, and more.
The Embry-Riddle Language Institute (ERLI) is pleased to be piloting the first Aviation English (ELS 5) course at ERAU-Prescott this summer. This course is designed to prepare advanced-level English language learners for aviation specific English and will be taught using a blended learning model.
To learn more about the new Aviation English course, please contact ERLI Instructor, Stacey McIntire, at email@example.com.
- Small class sizes
- Experienced, skilled and supportive faculty
- Conversation practice with local students
- Low tuition rates and living expenses
- Excellent support facilities & services
- Full service library
- Reading & writing centers
- Computer labs across campus
- Language lab to develop pronunciation
Activities, Events, and More!
- Fun and educational trips to nearby attractions (e.g., Grand Canyon, Sports and Cultural Events, Restaurant night out, local fairs and rodeos)
- Monthly field/shopping trips to locations in the surrounding areas
- Opportunities to make friends with American students as well as students from around the world
- Multiple student organizations on campus that provide regular social events for both local and international students
Core Curriculum Courses
Intensive English (20 Hours/Week)
Students develop English skills in the following areas: Listening/Speaking, Reading, Writing, and Grammar. All students will take these four courses at each level.
Students are placed into one of four levels upon arrival based on the results of a comprehensive language exam (Upper Beginning, Intermediate, Upper Intermediate, Advanced).
PLEASE NOTE: THERE ARE NO BEGINNING LEVEL COURSES CURRENTLY OFFERED THROUGH THE EMBRY-RIDDLE LANGUAGE INSTITUTE
Students will take at least one elective each term
Academic Skills Workshop (3 Hours/Week)
A booster class designed to help students learn to do research, write papers, give presentations and use University resources to become a better student.
Culture and University Skills – “ERLI 101”(1.5 Hours/Week)
Students learn about Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, academic expectations, and US and local culture.
TOEFL or IELTS Preparation (3 Hours/Week)
Students gain the skills, strategies, and confidence they need to succeed in all sections of the TOEFL.
If you are ready to begin the application process, but want to ask us a question, please contact us. The Embry-Riddle Language Institute is a part of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, so to come to the language institute you need to apply to the university.You can apply online through International Admissions. To apply, submit the following documents:
- Completed Online application for admission
- Bank verification letter indicating US$22,000 available to cover expenses for one year and sponsorship letter (if applicable)
- Nonrefundable and nontransferable application fee of $50
- Official transcripts in English from last school/language program attended
- These documents should be sent directly from the school you attended in a sealed envelope.
- Submit proof of funding for at least one year of study
- Copy of valid passport
- IELTS / TOEFL Test Results
- Tuition and Mandatory Student Fees: $15,454
- Housing and Meals: $10,600
- Books, Supplies, Etc: $1,500
- Total for one year: $27,554
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 13, 2017