This program is taught in French, click here for the French Translation of the program
Through theory courses, laboratories, and workplace internships, this program trains educators to work with children (from newborns to age 12), primarily in daycare settings or other childcare facilities. The student is also introduced to the requirements of work with preschoolers with special needs and children ages 6 to 12 in extracurricular programs.
- Ontario high school diploma or its equivalent from another province, or mature student status
- 2 French credits (at least 1 mandatory group course) : grade 11 or 12, pre-college or pre-university
Pre-requisites for internships and volunteer work:
- First aid certificate*
- Basic first aid certificate in cardiopulmonary resuscitation CPR
- Current immunizations (including a two-phase tuberculin test and vaccination against hepatitis B)
- Medical examination and criminal record check
*First aid and CPR courses are offered several times throughout the session by the Adult and Continuing Education department of Collège Boréal.
Work environment (type of employer):
- Daycare centres
- Home daycare facilities
- Toy-lending libraries
- Recreational programs
- Education system (help for primary college students)
- Baby stimulation programs
- Hospital playrooms
- Cultural activities moderation
- Drop-in daycare
- Resource centres for parents and children
- Precollege program sponsored by the Minister of Community, Family and Children’s Services
- Consultation work for government or municipal agencies
Possibility of a bachelor’s degree or other title:
Many universities recognize the postsecondary credits of Collège Boréal. Each university has its own admission criteria. After your college studies, the university of your choice will evaluate your credits in order to establish appropriate equivalence.
Courses can be taken either in person or by videoconference. Note that the professor can teach on the campus premises or from another campus.
Cost & Fees
Tuition fees (approx.): Strong>
$ 3,280.98 (steps 1 and 2)
Other costs (certificates, outings, etc.): strong>
$ 1,200 (approximate)
About the School
Recognized for the quality, accessibility, and flexibility of its training and services, Collège Boréal is the first choice among French-language colleges. Collège Boréal provides a high calibre perso ... Read More