EFL - English as a Foreign Language - 14 Hours a Week
Our new, non-intensive English course is for people who want to make rapid progress with their English studies while having some time free for other activities. Students learn in small groups and are taught by our team of dedicated teachers in the dynamic environment of Kingston College. Students spend time developing accuracy and fluency in English; on leaving us, they progress with confidence to other course or to employment. We welcome students of 16 years and above.
- General or Academic English
- Flexible duration ranging from 2 to 35 weeks
- 14 hours per week of study
- Tuition Fee £140 per week (reduced if you study longer)
- Cambridge Exam classes available including IELTS
Why Choose Kingston College
- English Language teaching is accredited by the British Council
- EL Gazette Centre of Excellence based on British Council publishable statements
- Well qualified and experienced teachers
- Rated ‘good’ by Ofsted
- Excellent Cambridge Exam success rates
- Wide ranging progression opportunities
- Convenient situated in central Kingston on Thames location just ten miles from central London
- Discounted gym membership scheme
- Good mix of local and international students
- Accommodation service available.
Spring Term 6 January 2014 - 4 April 2014 (Half Term break 17 February-21 February)
Summer Term 22 April - 4 July (Half Terms break 26 May-30 May)
The student can agree the timetable with the tutor at the start of their course, the suggested programme is:
- Monday 9.30 - 14.00 - Half hour break
- Tuesday 9.30 - 14.00 - Half hour break
- Wednesday 9.30 - 14.00 - Half hour break
- Thursday 9.30 - 11.30
- 4 Weeks (minimum 4); 56 Hours £560 £560
- 8 Weeks; 112 Hours; £1120 (Tuition Fee); £1120 (Deposit)
- 12 Weeks; 168 Hours; £1570 (Tuition Fee); £1570 (Deposit)
- 24 Weeks; 336 Hours; £3100 (Tuition Fee); £2000 (Deposit)
- 35 Weeks; 490 Hours; £4500 (Tuition Fee); £2000 (Deposit)
Quality Assurance and Teaching Staff
The British Council inspected and accredited English Language courses at Kingston College in 2011 and noted points of excellence in teaching, teachers’ qualifications, academic management and self access facilities. Based on this, the College is an EL Gazette Centre of Excellence.
The College was also inspected by Ofsted in 2013 and assessed as ‘Good’ – this is a Grade 2 rating.
Our teaching staff are experienced and qualified to teach English as a Foreign Language. Permanent staff have Diplomas in TESOL or Masters degrees in Applied Linguistics, or both. Our staff have worked all over the world including Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Japan, Italy, Spain, Germany and Colombia.
Kingston College can help you find homestay accommodation with a host family in the local area. The service is provided by McKenna Homestay. Further information on help with accommodation.
There is a programme of sports activities for students at Kingston College. This includes discounted gym membership.
There is also a programme of reasonably priced trips and visits for students on this course. In the past these have included day trips to Hampton Court, the Houses of Parliament, Stonehenge and Hever Castle. Residential trips are also available to places of interest in the UK including the Isle of Wight and the Peak District.
Students who would like to study English further are able to apply for the following programmes:
- Full Time English Language Programme/Intensive Full Time English Language Programme
- Part Time English Language Programme
- English Language Summer School
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017