Fanshawe's 10-level EAP program is certified by Languages Canada and meets the language requirements for admission to Western University, Fanshawe and many other Ontario colleges. The EAP program and full-time professors will help you to gain confidence and fluency in using English as well as help you prepare for your next steps using the latest methods and technology.
Meeting your learning goals:
- Engage in communicative, interactive activities and exercises to help you learn English.
- Acquire confidence and skills to study further in a college or university program.
- Learn how to be successful within the academic culture of Canadian classrooms.
- Study advanced language skills in all areas, including grammar, reading, writing, listening, speaking, and pronunciation.
- Plan the next steps in your academic path and make your dreams come true.
EAP start dates:
- 2018: July 3, September 4, October 29.
- 2019: January 7, March 4, May 6, July 2, September 3, October 28.
Tuition fees per EAP level
- Number of weeks for each level: 8
- Tuition Fees: CAD 2,840.00
- Ancillary fees: CAD 383.85
- Total Fees: CAD 3,223.85
Ancillary fees include health and dental insurance, bus pass and access to computer labs and fitness and wellness center membership. These fees are subject to change. For current fees by a program, visit www.fanshawec.ca/fees. Deposit: CAD 100.00 non-refundable fee at the time of application.
What is my starting EAP level?
To estimate your EAP level, you can take our FREE practice test.
While we recommend that new students undergo our custom placement testing on campus, applicants with a recent score from other recognized English proficiency tests (IELTS, TOEFL, or Cambridge English Scale) may place directly into a Fanshawe EAP level as shown below:*
*Alignment between test scores is subject to periodic review. Effective Jan. 1, 2017.
University-level pathways from EAP
Bachelor degree programs:
Fanshawe College now has many degree programs. You can meet the language requirements to enter Fanshawe degree programs by completing Level 10 with 75%. We also have agreements with Western University and its affiliated university colleges – Brescia University College, Huron University College and King's University College. You do not need an IELTS or TOEFL scores to enter Western University or its affiliates as long as you have completed our EAP Program, Level 10 – Advanced Academic Preparation, with a minimum of 80%. We can assist you to obtain a "Conditional Letter of Acceptance" for any of these degree programs.
Masters and Doctoral programs:
To enter a Master's or Doctoral Program at Western University, the language requirement is the completion of Fanshawe College's EAP Level 10 – Advanced Academic Preparation, with a minimum of 80%.
About the School
Fanshawe College is a large, publicly-funded College located in London, Ontario, Canada – approximately a two-hour drive from Toronto and Niagara Falls. There are 21,000 full-time students, including ... Read More