An intensive summer course in partnership with the Fashion Institute of Technology of New York.
Unlike static branding which focuses on consistency and repetition, the dynamic branding process creates a balance between the constants and the variables to amplify messaging through the use of visual properties, time, motion, and sound.
It is particularly powerful for digital media channel touchpoints between a brand and its intended target audience.
With social media’s role in corporate marketing continuing to expand, opportunities for this type of design expressions are being explored by some of the most innovative companies in the world such as Casa da Musica, MTV, Spotify, GUND, and the MIT Media Lab.
- This course is in partnership with the Fashion Institute of Technology of New York
- Next edition: Monday, June 15th to Thursday, June 25th, 2020
- Duration: Two-week immersive programs
- Format: 10 AM to 6 PM from Monday to Thursday; Culture exploration tour on Friday
- Application deadline: May 15th, 2020
- Location: H-CAMPUS, Roncade (TV)
Fee: College students € 2230 (VAT included); Professionals € 3200 (VAT included)
- The fee includes: lunch @H-FARM from Monday to Thursday, all learning materials, daily transfer from the hotel to H-FARM Campus and returns, Cultural Exploration Tour on Friday 19th in Venice
This Summer non-credit certificate program introduces the theories, principles, and skills of dynamic brand design and strategy.
Advanced concepts and techniques such as fluid identity, data-driven strategy, and design, as well as generative design and experiential branding, are also discussed.
College students and professionals who want to expand their knowledge and skillset in digital design as well as entrepreneurs looking to launch a brand or a start-up company.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- formulate dynamic branding concepts and positioning with a focus on screen-based media;
- create dynamic brand identities that tie with an overarching brand strategy;
- develop prototypes for data-driven and generative design concepts;
- apply multisensory design principles to a dynamic branding system for various digital media platforms;
- apply strategic planning and develop a brand activation campaign;
- develop creative solutions collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team to achieve project results.
A certificate of completion and an Open Badge will be issued by H-FARM Education at the completion of the course. H-FARM Education is a member of the Hermes Universities network.
Module 1: Introduction to Branding
- Image branding
- Archetypal branding
- The rise of a purpose-driven brand in the age of social media
- Brand research techniques and methodologies
- Competitor analysis and competitive landscape
- Brand position, mantra and DNA
Module 2: Dynamic Branding
- The principle of the design system for dynamic branding
- Concept and techniques of flexible brand identity
- Multi-sensory brand experience design
- Data-driven design and generative design for dynamic branding
- Dynamic brand guidelines and DAM
- Content design: voice, tone, and conversation guidelines through the user journey
- Visual system: color, iconography, typography, and grid
- Motion style and brand signature
- Audio Signature
Module 3: Brand Activation Campaign
- The competitive advertising summary
- Consumer Profile
- Touchpoints, media, and channel selection
- Maslow’s hierarchy of needs
- Insight development
- Big data and the digital age of advertising
- Nondisruptive advertising
- Product and services as advertising
- Content marketing
- Social media presence
- Brand campaign development
About FIT and faculty
One of New York City’s premier public institutions, FIT is an internationally recognized college for design, fashion, art, communications, and business. It is known for the rigorous, unique, and adaptable academic programming, experiential learning opportunities, academic, and industry partnerships, and commitment to research, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
About the School
We are the innovation platform that supports the creation of new business models and the transformation and education of young people and companies using a digital approach. Established in 2005, we ha ... Read More