Cookery Course Professional coquis is a path of Higher Education useful to acquire all the knowledge needed to begin a career as a chef. The course of study, articulate and qualified, provides for the division into theoretical and practical lessons, in order to ensure the proper training of students.
At the end of the educational activity, each student will support the final exam and once passed, will be included in the exclusive "Find coquis Work" circuit. Circuit in which the most important companies of Italian and Roman Meal, select their kitchen staff.
The professional cookery course is intended for highly motivated young people, who are looking for a solid formation to enter the world of work and is open also to those who want to change jobs to follow their passion and turn it into a profession. Access to the course is allowed to a maximum of 16 participants in order to ensure full involvement by the operating phases of all the students, divided into individual workstations fully equipped with the latest technology.
Duration and Frequency
The duration of the Professional Cooking Course is 10 weeks (400 hours), daily, from Monday to Friday, from 09.15 to 17.30.
Equipment and technology in the kitchen: The new technology in the kitchen:
- ovens and blast-art Paco Jet,
- Hot mix,
- Softcooker and small kitchen utensils
- Depth knowledge of the main raw materials
- km 0
- The world's bio
- The Italian legislation
- seasonings and salts
- spices: origins and application
- extra virgin olive oil: production, varieties, use and combination
- fat: animal and plant
- pork products: salami, sausages and cured
- milk and cheese
- The cuts and the choice of the meat for the various uses, the boning techniques
- The species and the quality of fish products and the processing techniques
- The fruit and vegetable cuts
- Fried, roasted, braised, steamed, vacuum, low temperature
Preparation for the main categories:
- Cooking funds, restricted and sauces
- pasta: fresh, dried, egg and wholemeal
- fish: white, blue, soup, shellfish, crustaceans and shellfish
- meat: white, red, poultry, game, offal
- knowledge of products and dishes from all Italian Regions.
Conservation and storage of raw and cooked foods. The presentation:
- The choice of the plate
- the provision of food
HACCP: Application of the rules of hygiene in the kitchen Organization of Work: The workplace in the kitchen, preparing (mise en place), service.
The testimonies of success with Chef.
The kitchen environment:
- History of Italian cuisine
- the different departments of the kitchen
- organizational chart of the kitchen brigade
- management Business
- financial management of a company catering
- quality control
- approvviggionamento, warehouse and supplier relations
- the menu
- the menu design
- composition of the recipes, the weights to the preparation
- the cost of the dish (food cost)
- the selling price of the product
- alternative menus for special diets.
Healthy food and nutrition:
- Basic principles of nutrition
- intolerances and diseases related to 'power
- related diseases: diabetes and obesity
- Food intolerance: allergies and celiac disease.
HACCP Food Safety: Course of 12 hours with certificate for HACCP and food-borne diseases Reg. 852/04 and Reg. 178/02 Pursuant to Delib. Reg. 825 of 28/11/2009 The world of work:
- Write your Curriculum Vitae
- work interview
- contacts with companies
- insertion into employment
educational visits to various companies in the sector
- Thesis on a topic of your choice taken from the course program - Written exam - practical exam - Construction of a full menu At the end of the training program, a final exam is scheduled at the coquis school, they access only the students who have attended at least 90% of the classes.
The examination board consists of a Chef starry, an executive of the University of Italian cuisine coquis and responsible course Chef.
The theoretical and practical activities will take place at our headquarters in Via Flaminia 575, 00191 Rome.
The seat coquis is equipped with modern conference rooms, cutting-edge technology and innovation, the University's flagship. The classrooms are designed like the kitchen of a restaurant, with large desk-work and complete with hot and cold lines.