If you have an idea for a documentary and want to turn your dream into reality, this intensive, 6-week course will provide the grounding you need to transform your initial concept into a gripping factual film. With hands-on training from practising documentary professionals, you will gain all the skills you need and make your own collaborative documentary ready to pitch and package to the industry.
You'll work with broadcast quality digital cameras and learn and develop your skills in cinematography and sound. Hone your editing skills with Adobe Premiere Pro before you pitch your final project to a panel of documentary industry professionals.
- Promote your documentary projects through pitching and writing treatments.
- Gain practical and paper-based skills and experience to apply to your own future documentaries.
- Targeted exercises develop new and existing camera and sound abilities.
- Learn documentary research methodologies and how to apply them.
- Gain an understanding of the different sectors of the documentary industry.
- Receive hands-on training by practising documentary industry professionals.
- Work in small groups with excellent tutor-to-student ratios.
- Group feedback sessions, mentoring and technical support enhance your learning and your individual project needs.
- Work with broadcast-quality digital cameras and edit using Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Pitch final projects to a panel of documentary industry professionals.
- All final documentary film projects are screened, and you leave the course with an HD link of your work.
- Benefit from studying and networking within a top professional film academy to increase your contacts and knowledge of the filmmaking process.
What Type Of Students Are We Looking For?
We are looking for committed and dedicated students who a proven passion and flair for filmmaking. We want people seeking to make a professional career in the film or television industry. You must be articulate, creating and a team player, and thrive in a practical hands-on environment working collaboratively.
- All applicants must be fluent in English: English Language Level: Upper Intermediate.
- Minimum age 18.
Find Out More
Find out more about the Documentary Filmmaking Certificate: www.londonfilmacademy.com/course/Documentary-Filmmaking-Certificate
About the School
Whether you’re an undergraduate, postgraduate, or professional looking for a specialised short course, London Filme Academy covers every filmmaking discipline from fiction to documentary-making. Recog ... Read More