Guided by experienced filmmaking professionals, this practical in-depth course provides training in various aspects of directing including visual storytelling, storyboarding, communicating ideas and scripts to actors and crew, working with actors and enhancing their performance, and preparing for a shoot.
You will have the opportunity to direct a short film in a studio environment using a high-end HD camera and work with an editor to produce a completed short, screened at the end of the course in our cinema.
Targeted exercises ensure you:
- Establish an understanding of shot choices, visual storytelling and effectively interpreting a script.
- Enhance your communication skills, allowing you to draw the best from your actors and encourage your crew.
- Direct and edit a short film, working with a full crew and professional actors in an industry-standard environment.
- Learn professional techniques to improve your performance as a director in preparation, on set and in the post-production of your film.
- Improve your collaborative skills, allowing you to communicate more effectively with cast and crew.
- Develop a better understanding of storytelling and how to convey your story visually.
What Type Of Students Are We Looking For?
We are looking for committed and dedicated students who a proven passion and flair for filmmaking. We want people seeking to make a professional career in the film or television industry. You must be articulate, creating and a team player, and thrive in a practical hands-on environment working collaboratively.
- All applicants must be fluent in English: English Language Level: Upper-Intermediate.
- Minimum age 18.
Find Out More
Find out more about the Directing Certificate: www.londonfilmacademy.com/course/Directing-Certificate
About the School
Whether you’re an undergraduate, postgraduate, or professional looking for a specialised short course, London Filme Academy covers every filmmaking discipline from fiction to documentary-making. Recog ... Read More