- Use your initiative and judgement to direct, plan and lead a range of program functions.
- Achieve organisational objectives by managing or directing a range of projects.
- Take accountability for personal and team outcomes.
Why study this qualification?
Project and Program management is used in a variety of industries and is applied across a wide variety of situations. Organisations today are operating in very competitive environments and must respond quickly to global challenges and internal and external issues. To address these challenges organisations need to ensure a structured planned approach to organise, control, and manage resources to deliver timely results, which are aligned to business goals.
This qualification is being offered online. Pacific Training Group’s study online program:
- Provides convenient and flexibility in terms of online studying
- Study at the comfort of your own
- Introduces students to great networking opportunities
- Access learning materials in in one portable device
- Promotes self-discipline and responsibility
- Offers a variety of specialised skills to choose from
- Presents learning opportunities for learners from all walks of life
- Project Administrator
- Project Manager
- Program Manager
Project and Program administration and management occupations are largely available in many regions of Australia and globally. Here are the daily tasks you will undertake:
- Developing, reviewing and negotiating variations to contracts, programs, projects and services.
- Responding to inquiries and resolving problems concerning contracts, programs, projects, services provided, and persons affected.
- Managing paperwork associated with contracts, programs, projects and services provided.
- Working with Project Managers, Architects, Engineering Professionals, owners and others to ensure that goals are met.
- Advising senior management on matters requiring attention and implementing their decisions.
It is estimated around 88,000 people are employed in Australia as Project and Program administrators and managers. The primary employment as per government statistics is in the Public Administration and Safety; Education and Training; and Health Care and Social Assistance sectors.
- Project Administrator
- Project Manager
- Program Manager
More reasons to choose Pacific Training Group
- Award-winning trainers.
- Centrally located, modern campuses.
- Extensive connections to industry.
- Complimentary academic support.
- World-class eLearning resources.
- A range of in-class timetable options combined with online learning
Explore your options
A Program Manager manages multiple projects, and sometimes multiple programs while a Project Manager manages the teams responsible for fulfilling the project and achieving its deliverables. In general terms, a program manager has broader responsibilities than the project manager. Therefore, the tools they use are focused on either the macro, for the program manager, or the micro, for the project manager.
BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management (6 Terms of 10 weeks plus term breaks)
Develop skills in project leadership and management to achieve organisational objectives including:
- Effectively leading and managing teams
- Managing project scope, time, quality and cost
- Managing project information and stakeholder engagement
- Managing project risk and work, health and safety
- Turn ideas into reality
- Recognised project management qualification
- Best-practice knowledge, skills, tools and techniques
- Improve the quality of work
- The core level of embedded understanding of programs
- In-demand skills
BSB61218 Advanced Diploma of Project Management (5 Terms of 10 weeks plus term breaks)
Develop specialised skills in managing programs that achieve organisational objectives including:
- Developing business cases
- Managing program finances, risk and governance
- Engaging in collaborative alliances and communities of practice
- Managing innovation and continuous improvement
- Program execution and implementation
- Business case development
- Continuous innovations
- High demand skills
This course can be taken online and on-campus. All on-campus classes are held through a blended learning method. Students are expected to attend a weekly 20-hour class: 15 hours on-campus and 5 hours online.
Offering flexibility in on-campus studies, students can choose from the following study pathways created by Pacific Training Group.
Option 1: Students can initially study online, continue their studies in Sydney or Gold Coast campus in the succeeding terms when the borders open up, and obtain their diploma in Australia.
Option 2: Students can study on-campus and get their diploma in Australia.
Option 3: Domestic students from Australia can study on-campus and have a four two-day learning activities that will include seminars and tutorials from guest speakers. They will obtain their diploma in Australia.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, Pacific Training Group temporarily runs the classes through a blended study mode using Remote Live classes via Zoom Client for Meetings until further notice. The shift will not impact the course and learning outcomes of the students.
- Minimum 18 years
- Australian Year 11 or equivalent
- An upper-intermediate level of English or IELTS 5.5
Students must provide their own laptop and have access to high-speed internet.
For students taking BSB61218 Advanced Diploma of Program Management:
- Have completed a Diploma of Project Management qualification
- Have completed two year’s equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience at a significant level within a project or program environment within an enterprise.
About the School
Pacific Training Group brings a fresh approach to vocational education and training in the areas of project and program management, applied blockchain, hospitality management, event management, leader ... Read More