Learn the fundamentals of marketing and be job-ready in six months with Melbourne Polytechnic’s Diploma of Marketing and Communication. Benefit from the course’s strong reputation in industry, gained through our emphasis on practical application of contemporary marketing theory.
Graduate with practical and theoretical skills
Graduate with solid theoretical knowledge and practical work experience, increasing your employability in a range of entry-level marketing roles.
Theory and practice is the key to success
The course provides an introduction to the fundamental concepts of marketing, including specialist marketing theory and how it applies in today’s commercial world.
You’ll learn how to identify marketing opportunities, profile international markets, conduct a marketing audit and design marketing communications.
Industry connections and resources
You’ll learn from industry-experienced professionals and benefit from their network of contacts.
Using our innovative model of partnerships with local businesses, you’ll apply what you learn in theory to genuine business situations. Past local partners have included the City of Darebin, Westgarth Cinemas and La Trobe Golf Club.
You’ll be qualified to work as:
- assistant product manager
- assistant marketing manager
- communications and research coordinator
We will use various forms of assessment, including classroom testing, assignments, presentations, group work, case studies and industry or simulated industry practicums.
Various forms of assessment may be used including classroom testing, assignments, presentations, group work, case studies and industry or simulated industry practicums.
Pathways to further study
Successful completion of this course will enable you to enrol in the Advanced Diploma of Marketing and Communication and then into a Bachelor of Business at Melbourne Polytechnic.
Take your career in marketing into product management, customer service, sales management, branch management, services, communication and research.
There are no formal entrance requirements to the course. We expect you to have the capabilities to complete the course.
- Academic: Australian Year 12 equivalency
- English: Academic IELTS 5.5 overall with no individual band below 5.0, or equivalency
UNITS OF STUDY
The Units of Study listed below have been approved for VET FEE-HELP. You may be required to undertake additional Units of Study in order to obtain the qualification. You will need to determine your particular combination of Units of Study with the department.
Code Subjects Hours
- BSBMKG501 IDENTIFY AND EVALUATE MARKETING OPPORTUNITIES 70
- BSBMKG502 ESTABLISH AND ADJUST THE MARKETING MIX 60
- BSBMKG507 INTERPRET MARKET TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS 50
- BSBMKG514 IMPLEMENT AND MONITOR MARKETING ACTIVITIES 50
- BSBMKG515 CONDUCT A MARKETING AUDIT 40
- BSBMKG516 PROFILE INTERNATIONAL MARKETS 50
- BSBMKG523 DESIGN AND DEVELOP AN INTEGRATED MARKETING COMMUNICATION PLAN 60
- BSBPMG522 UNDERTAKE PROJECT WORK 60
About the School
Melbourne Polytechnic has been delivering vocational training since 1912 and today offers a diverse range of innovative, hands-on TAFE (VET) and Higher Education (Degree) programs to equip you with th ... Read More