The Diploma of Leadership and Management at Gold Coast Learning Centre is a flexible, practical and effective course, designed to develop and enhance your leadership and management skills.
This government-accredited qualification combines a sound knowledge base with the skills you need to provide leadership and direction to others and to plan, carry out and evaluate your own work and the work of a team.
The Diploma of Leadership and Management develops the skills you need to apply knowledge, practical leadership and management skills and experience across a range of enterprise and industry contexts, including:
- Applying a broad range of managerial skills using discretion and judgment
- Planning and monitoring your workload and workload of others
- Showing leadership and promoting innovation
- Developing communication skills to support individuals and teams
- Managing strategies for improved customer service
- Managing meetings, work priorities, and professional development
- Managing operational plans and ensuring a safe workplace
The Diploma of Leadership and Management suits individuals who manage the work of others in any organizational setting. They will typically have considerable experience in their respective industries or vocational areas and may also be responsible for reviewing or improving management practices.
Additionally, they may provide technical advice, guidance, and support to a team.
This qualification is also suited to individuals with limited vocational experience but who possess sound management skills and knowledge they would like to further develop.
Benefits |Diploma of Leadership and Management
- Study a nationally accredited management course, taught by experienced industry experts
- Upgrade your leadership skills and strategies
- Fast-track into University with credit transfers
- Suitable for domestic school leavers
- This qualification is available as an Australian Apprenticeship or Traineeship
- A diverse mix of international and domestic students
- Interest-free and flexible payment plans available
- Free literacy and English support available for all students
- Flexible learning options including online and face to face
Start Dates and Pricing
Diploma of Leadership and Management courses start every Wednesday.
Contact us today for current prices and to reserve your seat.
The Diploma of Leadership and Management at Gold Coast Learning Centre is a government-accredited and nationally recognized course, developed under the Australian Qualifications Framework.
Graduates receive the Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSB51915).
Successful completion of this qualification requires a grade of C (competent) in all 12 subjects.
Duration of the Diploma of Leadership and Management is 52 weeks full-time, including 6 weeks of holidays/revision.
This qualification may also be fast-tracked.
Students can complete all units in their own time with assessment measuring performance.
This style of delivery is based on competency rather than attendance, which suits students who are busy working and enjoying their life outside the college.
Domestic students applying for direct entry to Diploma and Advanced Diploma level courses must have completed either:
- A minimum of Year 12 schooling, or equivalent; or
- Be a mature age student (20 years of age and above) with relevant work experience
Domestic students who do not meet these requirements are permitted to study a certificate level course prior to enrolment in the Diploma or Advanced Diploma qualification.
International students must meet one of the following English language requirements:
- Current GCLC students assessed at Intermediate level or higher;
- The equivalent of Australian Secondary School Grade 10 English;
- English proficiency level requirement of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent;
- Or at the discretion of the Academic Management of Gold Coast Learning Centre.
On completion of the Diploma of Leadership and Management, students may choose to enroll in the Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management, Diploma of Business, Diploma of Marketing, a range of other qualifications and University courses, or enjoy working in this field.
Possible job titles relevant to the Diploma of Leadership and Management include:
- Business Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Sales Team Manager
- Team leader
- Project Manager
- Business Administrator
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a process under the Australian Qualifications Framework which recognizes and assesses a student’s current level of skills and experience, regardless of when and where that learning occurred.