This qualification reflects the role of highly skilled senior operators who use a broad range of hospitality skills, combined with managerial skills and sound knowledge of the industry to coordinate hospitality operations.
They operate independently, have responsibility for others and make a range of operational business decisions.
Entry Requirements (International Students)
Applicants will need to show they meet one of the following entry criteria:
- English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.5;
- 18 years or over;
- Satisfy the Australian Department of Immigration’s (DIBP) genuine temporary entrant (GTE) criteria for a student visa (subclass 500);
- Completion of Australian Year 11 (senior secondary) education or overseas equivalent; OR
- Demonstrated skills acquired through work experience; OR
- Employed in a relevant position with the opportunity to acquire skills; OR
- Demonstrate through an admissions interview, either in person or by phone, that they have the skills and capability to succeed in the course.
Note: All Applicants MUST hold all pre-requisites Units if required
This programme is delivered as a package with Certificate III & IV in Commercial Cookery over a period of 24 months. Including 8 terms of 10 week periods of 20 hours per week. (Plus 7 x 2-week breaks).
Work Placement Programme
This programme requires 48 service periods of Work Placement. This Work Placement Programme (WPP) is an essential component of this course and provides students with real-life experience in the industry.
This course will open career paths in being a manager, chef de cuisine, sous chef and business owner/operator.
Potential Career Outcomes
Manager, Chef de Cuisine, Sous Chef, Business Owner/Operator.
- Tuition Fee: $28,800.00 (AU)
- Material Fee: $400.00 (AU)
- Enrolment Fee: $200.00 (AU)