The 10434NAT Diploma of Christian Ministry and Theology course is designed to train students to live an effective Christian life, effectively communicate the Gospel and serve the community either in the workplace or in Christian ministry work.
This course will train leaders and potential leaders in a range of Christian ministry activities relevant to the local church, Christian organization, and workplace.
This course will give students:
- An increased capacity to hear from God and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit
- A deepened understanding of the Bible and its application
- Further skills in theological reasoning and ethical decision-making
- Enhanced communication (especially in communicating biblical concepts), conflict-resolution and people management skills
- Enhanced pastoral, leadership and ministry skills with a heart for God and people
- Opportunities for the development of specialized ministry skills
This qualification is fully competency-based and while knowledge and some aspects of competency are assessed within the realms of each subject, completion of ministry projects demonstrating all areas of competency will need to be completed to graduate.
The student will obtain practical experience by engaging in field experiences at their local church, Christian ministry or community service organization. This practical experience is to be gained in an area that complements in-class assessment and the immediate goals of the student.
A full-time student would normally undertake a study load of 5 subjects at any one time. Individual subjects may be delivered on a week by week basis or by intensives.
Two years full time. Part-time options are also available.
LOCATION OF TRAINING
This course is delivered at Canberra Campus, Belconnen, ACT, and by various Partners interstate. For other delivery sites see the Partners page on the college website.
Fees for full-time students of the Diploma in Christian Ministry & Theology:
Australian Students (2 years) $12,200
International Students (2 years) $13,600
- Fees cover some costs associated with Australian field trip expenses including mission trips. The balance of field trip costs are covered through personal and college-organized fundraising activities as part of course training.
- Individual subject costs are available on enquiry.
Note: The college reserves the right to alter fees prior to the start of each academic year.
Government study assistance such as Austudy, Abstudy and Youth Allowance is available to eligible domestic students for this course. Visit www.studyassist.gov.au for more details.
About the School
Unity College Australia is a registered vocational tertiary college that seeks to impact lives through training people in a Christian environment for work, interest or ministry.