Diploma of Business
- RTO Number: 41143
- CRICOS Code: 087816G
- Course Code: BSB50215
- Certificate Type: AQF Qualification
- Duration: 52 weeks (including breaks). 4 Study Periods of 10 weeks each (excluding breaks)
- Study Mode: Face-to-face. Classes are scheduled for 20 hours/week during each study period except break periods
- Locations: Perth City
- Language: English
About this course
Whether looking to break into an industry or begin your own business venture, BSB50215 – Diploma of Business at NIT Australia will help you equip with a skill set that can be directly applied to many fields such as marketing, finance, human resource, management, and more.
Pursuing BSB50215 – Diploma of Business is not only versatile and applicable to nearly every industry but, more importantly, it’s a wise investment that may lead to healthy returns after graduation, especially if you study at NIT Australia.
After completing BSB50215 – Diploma of Business at NIT Australia, you will be better equipped to pursue a career that suits your strengths and skills or better yet, turn your passions into a business of your own.
Our student support services and professional networks will help you to succeed whilst studying at NIT Australia and stay healthy and happy. Our aim is to support you during every step of your NIT Australia journey.
To complete this course, a total of 8 units must be completed.
- BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBADV510 Create mass electronic media advertisements
- BSBHRM506 Manage recruitment, selection and induction processes
- BSBMKG501 Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
- BSBMKG502 Establish and adjust the marketing mix
- BSBFIM601 Manage finances
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- BSBADM502 Manage meetings
Note: Course structure, units and content are subjected to change during the delivery period due to change in legislative requirements or due to NIT’s course review process.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Executive Officer
- Business Manager
- Business Coordinator
- Business Services Manager
- Small Business Manager
- Office Manager
Did you know?
- We help you prepare for getting a job in the industry via our Help You Prepare for Employment (HYPE) Program.
- You may be eligible for Credit Transfer or Recognition of Prior Learning.
- Classes are smaller to allow more individual attention from trainers.
- Additional one-on-one academic support is available and provided to students when requested.
- Free English language support and Pearson Test for English (PTE) preparation classes are provided.
- This qualification is a part of Nationally Recognised Training.
Academic: Successful completion of Year 12, equivalent or a higher qualification.
In some cases, NIT may accept you in this course if you have any other relevant qualifications and/or experience.
Age: Applicant must be 18 years or above at the time of application.
IELTS test score of 5.5 or above or equivalent.
- Note: NIT also accepts Occupational English Test (OET), TOEFL iBT, Pearson Test of English (PTE) – Academic, or Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) with the scores equivalent to IELTS scores. (Click here to see a table of equivalent scores.)
OR IELTS test score of 5 or equivalent with at least 10 weeks ELICOS
OR IELTS test score of 4 or equivalent with at least 20 weeks ELICOS
OR Successful completion of the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or studies at the Certificate IV or higher level in the English language in Australia within last two years
OR Successful completion of at least five years’ study (including year 12 or equivalent) in one or more of the following countries: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, the Republic of Ireland, UK and USA.
OR Successful result in NIT’s English Language Proficiency Test.
Note: During the assessment and verification of the application, NIT may request for additional evidence from the applicant or conduct an interview via Phone, Skype or Google Hangout with the applicant.
Learning and Assessment Methods
This course involves a number of learning and assessment methods. Typically, the learning methods may include Presentations and discussions, Demonstrations, Individual and group activities, Skills practice, Role plays, Case studies, Simulated scenarios and Research activities.
Assessment methods generally include Practical Observation of Tasks, Written or Oral Questioning, Case Studies, Role Plays, Reports, Research Projects, Presentations, etc.
Pathway to Further Studies
Students graduating with BSB50215 – Diploma of Business qualification may also undertake the BSB60215 – Advanced Diploma of Business, a range of other advanced diploma qualifications or an undergraduate degree at any tertiary education providers.
To take these further pathways, students must meet the entry requirements of the program specified by an education provider.
International students will also require a valid student visa to enroll in any further qualifications.
Credit Transfer/ Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Credit Transfer: You may be eligible for Credit Transfer if you are able to demonstrate that you have achieved competency in the same or equivalent unit/s in a Nationally Recognised Training from any Registered Training Organisation.
RPL: If you think that you have already gained the skills and experience for a unit or entire qualification, you can apply for RPL to get recognized as competent for parts or a whole nationally recognized qualification. Not everyone will get credited for their skills and knowledge. Successful applicants will need to demonstrate a reasonable amount of experience in the area their course covers.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 14, 2019