This qualification reflects the role of individuals with substantial experience in a range of settings who are seeking to further develop their skills across a wide range of business functions. This qualification is also suited to the needs of individuals with little or no vocational experience, but who possess sound theoretical business skills and knowledge that they would like to develop in order to create further educational and employment opportunities.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Executive Officer
- Program Consultant
- Program Coordinator
The qualification is scheduled to be delivered over 48 weeks with three study periods of 10 weeks each with 20 hours per week of scheduled training including face to face training and project work, and up to 6 hours per week of online learning activities.
Units of Competency
This qualification has a total of 8 units, with no core units. All the 8 units are electives. Units selected by JTI are as follows:
- BSBADM502 Manage meetings Elective
- BSBMKG501 Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities Elective
- BSBMKG502 Establish and adjust the marketing mix Elective
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work Elective
- BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development Elective
- BSBMKG507 Interpret market trends and developments Elective
- BSBMGT502 Manage people performance Elective
- BSBMGT516 Facilitate continuous improvement Elective
Applicants should submit:
- Completed and signed ‘Application for Enrolment Form;
- Completed and signed ‘Application for Enrolment Form;
- Certified evidence of date of birth or an identification document;
- Letter(s) of recommendation from teacher(s)(if available);
- Certified copy of passport details (if available);
Specific English Language/Literacy/Numeracy requirements
All students entering this qualification must have a minimum English Language proficiency level of one of the following:
International students, applying either off-shore or on-shore will require:
- Either a minimum IELTS (General) test score of 5.5 or equivalent for direct entry into a VET course, or IELTS score of 4.5 or equivalent with a Certificate III in EAL (Further study) 22255 VIC to be taken before the main VET course. Results older than two years are not acceptable. OR
- Evidence that they have studied in English for at least five years in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, South Africa, United Kingdom or the United States. OR
- Evidence that, within two years of their application date, they have successfully completed in Australia a foundation course or a senior secondary certificate of education or a substantial part of a Certificate IV or higher-level qualification, from the Australian Qualifications Framework. OR
- For levels 1 and 2 countries, successful completion of JTI’s Language and Numeracy Test conducted on JTI’s campus (for onshore international students ONLY.) OR
- For students that have done 12 years of schooling in English language, proof of having successfully completed English in year 12, plus successfully undertaking a written internal English testing by Job training institute and successfully undertaking a skype interview by a JTI staff member. This is only applicable to countries with immigration risk rating of 1 or 2.
JTI will also accept equivalent test results from the following specified English language tests - TOEFL iBT, PTE Academic, Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) and TOEFL PBT.
(Note: A pre-training interview/phone interview will be conducted prior to issuance of COE (Confirmation of Enrolment). Applicants who fail to meet the required standards of LLN skills for the qualification may need to study English Language qualification for a longer duration)
Specific Academic requirements
To gain entry into this course, the applicant should successfully meet any one of the following academic requirements:
- Satisfactorily completed year 12 or equivalent level of studies or
- Without formal qualifications but who can provide evidence or sufficient work experience in accounts/administration; or
- Without formal qualifications but who when assessed for skills qualify to undertake this training.
Minimum age requirements
Job Training Institute Pty Ltd. will only enrol international students who are over 18 years of age at commencement of this qualification.
Students can come and study Certificate III & IV in EAL (Further Study) for familiarizing them with research and study methods, essay planning, writing and editing, lecture note taking and tutorial participation. Then students can study Certificate IV in Business, progress to Diploma of Business and Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management.
Mode of Delivery
This qualification utilises a blended delivery mode which incorporates face to face classroom training which includes presentations, written tasks, written tests, case studies/scenarios, reflective reports, interviews and role plays; project work/portfolios and online learning activities. The trainer may provide additional learning material where gaps are identified in either the participant’s underpinning knowledge or the training resources.
This course will have a face to face, online and self-study mode. Online will not be more than 25% of the total course duration. Each student must allocate 20 hours of weekly contact hours.
BSB60215 Advanced Diploma of Business or a range of other Advanced Diploma qualifications.
To undertake the Diploma of Business qualification, participants must have:
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Minimum 12 years of schooling
- Meet our English requirement
Note: Certificate IV in Business is bundled with this Diploma.