Diploma of Aviation
Courses for International Students
Pearson Aviation offers the following accredited courses for International Students:
- AVI 40108 Certificate IV in Aviation Operations (Commercial Pilot Licence Aeroplane).
- AVI 50408 Diploma of Aviation (Instrument Flight Operations).
Entry requirements for study at Pearson Aviation as an international student are:
- Be at least 18 years of age on enrolment;
- Have an IELTS overall score of 5.5 or higher;
- Have satisfactorily completed secondary education at year 12 level or equivalent;
- Hold a CASA issued Class 1 medical certificate.
Pearson Aviation does not offer support services of any kind to dependent family members of international students.
Location Of The School
Pearson Aviation is located at Essendon Airport within Melbourne’s Primary airspace, which affords the student exposure to a professional working environment from lesson one but still affords ease of entry and exit to facilitate quick transit to non controlled training fields.
What qualification and experience do the management and staff have?
Many of the staff at Pearson Aviation have tertiary qualifications as well as ATPL.
Our Chief Executive has in excess of 12,000 flight hours logged. He has degrees in Arts and Law and is a CASA Approved Testing Officer for the issue of fixed-wing licences and ratings. He has also achieved the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
What are the real costs? Some organizations will promote a very cheap hourly rate but what are the hidden extra cost?
At Pearson Aviation all our fees and charges are up front. There are no hidden costs. All you pay for is the hire of the aircraft and instructor. If the engine is not running you pay nothing. We do not charge for pre-flight or post flight briefings. You will pay for some peripheral items such as textbooks and formal ground theory charges (should you choose this option).
At Pearson Aviation we pride ourselves on training our students to the highest possible standard in the minimum amount of time. Thus, minimising the total cost.
- Ideal for training professional pilots.
- Located within the same Melbourne Primary Control Zone used by Boeing 747 international flights – so flight training is conducted in the radar environment of the professionals.
- Essendon has long sealed runways, a control tower, on-site maintenance workshops, approach and runway lighting and sophisticated navigation aids.
- Access to a nearby general Aviation Aerodrome which uses GAAP procedures, dual runways and contra-rotating circuits, as well as access to a large country training area and country aerodromes.
- Accommodation is easy to arrange, the city centre is 16km away and connected by electric tram.
- A modern multi-cultural city of over 4 million people with communities and countries all over the world.
- World-renowned for its restaurants, arts, entertainment, shopping, public transport, sport, parks and gardens and sightseeing.
- It is politically stable and has been said to be the world’s most liveable city.