Diploma of Accounting
On successful completion of the course, students will receive Diploma of Accounting qualification. Graduates from this course will be able to perform the duties of an Accountant.
- Face to Face classes will be conducted at Level 1, 301 George Street, Sydney
- Learning Resources are available on Learning Management System (Moodle)
- Students will be given access to Moodle
Classes/ Workplace Visits/ Online Components
- Class room delivery
- Online via Learning Management System (MOODLE)
The following learning support will be available to learners:
- Access to well qualified and experienced trainers from multicultural backgrounds.
- Additional support for students with language barriers from the ELICOS arm of SSBT.
Evidence gathering technique used for this course:
- Combination of practical and written exercises which may include direct observation, role-plays written/verbal questioning, interviews and self-evaluations, case studies, projects, assignments are used to assess required knowledge and skills
This qualification requires the completion of the below prerequisites units of competency which are already included in the FNS50215 Diploma of Accounting offered by SSBT or their equivalent from a previous version of the FNS Financial Services Training Package:
- BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
- FNSACC301 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC502 Prepare tax documentation for individuals
|Number of units
On successful completion of the course, students will receive Diploma of Accounting qualification. Graduates from this course will be able to perform the duties of an Accountant. Employment pathways are available to students who complete this qualification in:
- Accounting Administration
- Course Content
- Students are required to complete all of the following units:
||Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
||Prepare financial reports
||Prepare financial reports for corporate entities
||Prepare tax documentation for individuals
||Prepare and administer tax documentation for legal entities
||Prepare financial forecasts and projections
||Establish and maintain accounting information systems
||Manage budgets and forecasts
||Implement and maintain internal control procedures
||Provide financial and business performance information
||Provide management accounting information
The further study pathways available to learners who undertake this qualification include:
- FNS60215 Advance Diploma of Accounting
Other Program Options
- Certificate III in Accounts Administration
- Advanced Diploma of Accounting
- 48 weeks total duration
- 36 weeks tuition delivery
- All students entering this course must have completed Year 10 or equivalent qualification.
- Overseas students must demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent.
- Students with no formal qualifications are required to successfully complete the LLN test and meet with the Training Manager to be admitted.
- Student must possess & bring their own laptop/notebook to class fully charged.
- Overseas students can only enrol face to face 20 hours per week.
Note: Person seeking to enrol in this course must also read Student Handbook provided on this website.
- Face to Face (include 25% online component)
- Online /Distance