Take your understanding of accounting and finance to the next level with the Diploma of Accounting at Gold Coast Learning Centre.
This course is ideal for people seeking employment in the accounting, business and finance sectors. You will gain fundamental knowledge and advanced skills to work within the always changing field of business and accounting.
With flexible study options, including full-time, part-time and distance training options, Gold Coast Learning Centre can enhance your career prospects with an advanced understanding of the financial services industry.
Qualified and experienced trainers will help you develop an advanced understanding of budget management and forecasting, financial reporting, income tax returns and providing management accounting advice.
The accounting services industry has grown over the past five years on the back of steady economic growth and increasing demand for industry-specific expertise. This makes it a solid choice that is likely to keep you gainfully employed from one financial year to the next.
This course meets the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) educational requirements for registered Business Activity Statement (BAS) agents.*
*Please note: TPB educational requirements for BAS Agents were put in place on the 1st of March 2012. Additional eligibility criteria may apply.
Benefits |Diploma of Accounting
- Nationally-accredited course meeting the standards of the Association of Accounting Technicians
- Trained by experienced industry experts
- Fast-track your accounting career
- Earn credits towards a university degree
- A diverse mix of international and domestic students
- Interest-free and flexible payment plans available
- Free literacy and English support available for all students
- Flexible learning options including online and face to face
- The course fulfills the educational requirements to become a BAS Agent
Start Dates and Pricing
Diploma of Accounting courses starts every Tuesday.
Contact us today for current prices and to reserve your seat.
The Diploma of Accounting at Gold Coast Learning Centre is a government-accredited and nationally recognized course, developed under the Australian Qualifications Framework.
Graduates receive the nationally accredited Diploma of Accounting (FNS50217).
The Diploma of Accounting is recognized by the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB), the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) and meets the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) educational requirements for registered Business Activity Statement (BAS) agents.
Successful completion of this qualification requires a grade of C (competent) in all 11 subjects.
Duration of the Diploma of Accounting is 26 weeks full-time, including 4 weeks of holidays/revision.
Students can complete all units in their own time with assessment measuring performance.
This style of delivery is based on competency rather than attendance, which suits students who are busy working and enjoying their life outside the college.
The following Prerequisites are required to enroll in this course.
- Completion of the Certificate IV in Accounting (FNS40615) or equivalent; or
- Completion of the Certificate IV in Bookkeeping (FNS40215) or equivalent; or
- Completion of the following six units, or their equivalent:
- FNSACC311 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC312 Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- FNSACC408 Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- FNSACC416 Set up and operate a computerized accounting system
- FNSTPB401 Complete business activity and installment activity statements
- FNSTPB402 Establish and maintain payroll systems
International students must meet one of the following English language requirements:
- Current Gold Coast Learning Centre students assessed at Intermediate level or higher;
- The equivalent of Australian Secondary School Grade 10 English;
- English proficiency level requirement of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent;
- Or at the discretion of the Academic Management of Gold Coast Learning Centre.
On successful completion of the Diploma of Accounting (FNS50217), students may choose to enroll in a range of other Diploma and Advanced Diploma qualifications and University courses or enjoy working in this field.
Possible job titles relevant to the Diploma of Accounting include:
- BAS Agent
- Office Manager
- Accounts Clerk
- Finance Manager
- Assistant Accountant
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a process under the Australian Qualifications Framework which recognizes and assesses a student’s current level of skills and experience, regardless of when and where that learning occurred.
Program taught in: